Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW APPLICATION: EVO II Obstacle Avoidance Calibration Tool: Constantly updated: 20 dec 2020 (ver. 1.1.1)

lukappaseidue

Reaction score
UPDATE: 20 dec 2020

EVO II Obstacle Avoidance(OA) Calibration Tool​

• System requirements:
    • Support 64bit operational systems only (Windows 7 / 10, Mac OS)
    • Recommended screen resolution is 1920*1080 and above
    • Recommended CPU for desktop: Intel i5-4590 and above, CPU for laptop: Intel i5-8250U and above
    • Recommended to connect power supply for laptop users (to ensure system is running at highest performance settings and screen brightness)

Calibration Instructions:
    1. Install Autel OA Calibration Tool on your PC / Mac
    2. Connect EVO II to your PC with USB-C cable
    3. Power on EVO II
    4. Run Autel Vision Assistant Program and wait for the connection, which may take up to 1 minute (if you wait for more than 1 minute and no response, please follow the steps below for troubleshooting)
      1. Close the Autel Vision Assistant and reopen
      2. Change your network IP address and avoid using 192.168.1.11, or disable your internet while using the calibration tool
      3. If a warning message is displayed indicating your CPU is not powerful enough for the calibration use a different PC
    5. Once connected, you will see the current status of all the sensors
    6. Select the first sensor requiring the auto-calibration to initiate calibration
    7. Follow the instructions in the top left corner of the screen, hold your EVO2 and aim the corresponding sensor at the screen as indicated
    8. Once all calibration steps on-screen are completed the results are auto-updated on your EVO II
    9. Repeat steps 6-8 until you have completed the auto-calibration for all indicated sensors

UPDATE: 20 may 2020
Home > EVO II Obstacle Avoidance Calibration Tool
EVO II Obstacle Avoidance Calibration Tool

Current Version: 1.1.0 (please click here to download)
System requirements:
  • Support 64bit operational systems only (Windows 7 / 10, Mac version is under development)
  • Recommended CPU for desktop: Intel i5-4590 and above, CPU for laptop: Intel i5-8250U and above
  • Recommended to connect power supply for laptop users (to ensure system is running at highest performance settings and screen brightness)

1. Install Autel OA Calibration Tool 1.1.0 on your PC
  3. Power on EVO II
  4. Run Autel Vision Assistant Program and wait for the connection, which may take up to 1 minute (if you wait for more than 1 minute and no response, please follow the steps below for troubleshooting)
    2. Change your network IP address and avoid using 192.168.1.11, or disable your internet while using the calibration tool
    3. If a warning message is displayed indicating your CPU is not powerful enough for the calibration use a different PC
  6. Select the first sensor requiring the auto-calibration to initiate calibration
  7. Follow the instructions in the top left corner of the screen, hold your EVO2 and aim the corresponding sensor at the screen as indicated
  8. Once all calibration steps on-screen are completed the results are auto-updated on your EVO II
  9. Repeat steps 6-8 until you have completed the auto-calibration for all indicated sensors

Current Version: 1.0.9 (please click here to download)
System requirements:
  • Support 64bit operational systems only (Windows 7 / 10, Mac version is under development)
  • Recommended to connect power supply for laptop users

1. Install Autel Vision Assistant 1.0.9 on your PC
  3. Power on EVO II

Last edited:
Yes!!! Just calibrated my rear vision sensors and no more redundant “rear vision calibration error” even though the program stated that all of my sensors were normal after connecting the drone to my PC. Success!

Well some even did it eventhough they were not recieving any errors etc so go ahead if you want imo ;)

Home > EVO II Obstacle Avoidance Calibration Tool

Current Version: 1.1.0 (please click here to download)
System requirements:

1. Install Autel OA Calibration Tool 1.1.0 on your PC
  3. Power on EVO II

Why would I be getting this message after downloading the software.it seems my computer is stro enough correct

Attachments

• C54F5278-6294-4EAD-899B-CFEC5FBCB364.jpeg
    C54F5278-6294-4EAD-899B-CFEC5FBCB364.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
  • 2D27BC23-6121-4F5F-827F-9D364F438499.jpeg
    2D27BC23-6121-4F5F-827F-9D364F438499.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 46
  • 95DF72D1-2D3A-4A93-AD63-E15BF65B86BB.jpeg
    95DF72D1-2D3A-4A93-AD63-E15BF65B86BB.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 45
I know it does not say anything about Ram but maybe 8 gigs of ram is not enough. noidea.gif
Give Autel a call when they open.

Also the processor is 10 years old. The requirements is a i5 generation 4 or newer. The Q840 is Gen 1

I tried running it on my Studio computer and get the same message and it is a Dell server with 64 Gig RAM with 2 quad core 3.2 gig Intel Zeon processors and all SSD drives so I'm guessing only I5 and I7 and maybe I9

Stupid think keeps crashing my computer!
Program seems to start ok.
When I plug drone in I get a message that there is a problem and to scan my drive for errors. I hit Continue Without Scanning. And after about 30 seconds the BSOD pops up with a Stop Code: Kernel Security Check Failure. This apparently has to do with a bad driver.
Suggestions??

UPDATE: Autel techs didn't have an answer either.
It appears I misread the instructions at the top. I started the program and THEN plugged in the drone and had the problems.
When I actually follow instructions....start drone-plug in drone-then run the app...it worked !!

Last edited:
I can't find a newer version than 1.0.5 for macOS. Is there an updated version 1.1.1 available for Mac? The version 1.0.5 doesn't connect to the aircraft. I have tried to disable the internet connection which did not help. The SD card & Flash card are showing up when I plug in the cable and power up the aircraft - but the OA Calibration Tool just keeps on saying "Connect The aircraft to the computer".

Also, I have been following this guide EVO II Obstacle Avoidance Calibration Tool and in step 4 it says "Run Autel Vision Assistant Program and wait for the connection". What is Autel Vision Assistant Program? Is than an app inside Autel OA Calibration Tool or is it a name from a previous version of Autel OA Calibration Tool? I'm confused ?

Reactions: Pork Belly

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga