Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Need Feedback on Evo II Pro, Purchased in July 2020 (Never Flown)

Stan

Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased my Evo II Pro 6k rugged bundle back in July of 2020.
I have never flown it yet; I have insured all my charges has stayed safe for storage.
Currently my Evo II has firmware version 2.5.18 loaded.

I have Versions 2.6.22 and 2.7.25 on my PC (if needed).
For the Explorer App (iOS) and Calibration Tool I have the most current versions.

My question is;
If I decide to keep my Evo II Pro to fly as hobby/pleasure, is there a consensus among the users on which firmware was the most reliable to go with?

I would prefer to get feedback from users, rather than the chuckle heads currently at Autel.

Thanks,
Stan

Reactions: advexure
Hey Stan, honestly there really is not difference in reliability, just different additions and fixes that have been implemented over time. I'd recommend getting it onto the latest version. Hopefully others will chime in as well.

Hello,

I have never flown it yet; I have insured all my charges has stayed safe for storage.

For the Explorer App (iOS) and Calibration Tool I have the most current versions.

My question is;
If I decide to keep my Evo II Pro to fly as hobby/pleasure, is there a consensus among the users on which firmware was the most reliable to go with?

I would prefer to get feedback from users, rather than the chuckle heads currently at Autel.

Thanks,
Stan

I would worry more about the batteries than the firmware. They need to be power cycled every 30 days or so for maximum longevity, simply keeping them on the charger, keeping them discharged, or charging them and letting them discharge over time is not enough.

Just don't be surprised if you get less than 6 months of battery usage if you start using the EVO.

until I got the most recent firmware (wasn't being prompted to update by the app), the Waypoint missions wouldn't actually take any photos....

Hello,

My question is;

Thanks,
Stan

I didn’t notice any big difference in the two
It’s a very impressive drone and a true work horse. I use mine on the ranch almost everyday

Go with the latest fw/sw updates, run your batteries down and do a full charge, monitor them and watch for any early signs of wearing out, get a couple new batteries when on sale and enjoy the EVO II for many years to come.

Reactions: davery87
UPDATE 10-8-21
Even with the latest beta release I am still experiencing lag in changing between different features in the Explorer app on Android platform.

Thanks for the feedback,
I loaded the current (General) releases for the Evo II Pro v1.

I do have iOS (iPad) and an Android (Phone); Maybe stick with the iOS (iPad)?

I have a friend who also flies the E2P and all his devices except for his editing computers are IOS and he reports similar bugs occasionally. So it goes back and forth. I don't believe IOS has been bugged with as many issues to the extent that Android has been lately. There have been previous firmware releases which I've had zero issues with Android. It's kind of a double edged sword with Autel in that we, unlike DJI owners, are the testers, as Autel continues to release new firmware versions. You either like working with beta releases or you don't. I have done a few of the beta's, but not regular. It's nice to try it first when they release new features that work good! Happy flying!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials