Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano + use mapping..

Reaction score
Hi I want to use nano + photogrametry but autel sky software support only manuel flying.is it possibile autonomues fly nano + as polygon or rectangel mission thanks..

Very sadly not, you can trigger photos every few seconds as you fly but need to be pretty accurate with your flying. I made this with mine recently.

Sketchfab model

Unfortunately, the Nano+ is not suitable for mapping as it will not interface with any mapping software. It is a great photography drone, though.

That's not entirely true, it is just a pain to use it for mapping. Here is a model I made yesterday with one.

Vaalekop headland made with Nano+

You can put the images into any mapping software they will work just fine. The automatic flight planning is the missing bit.
Sorry, that is ultimately what I meant. Flying a mapping mission without being able to integrate into the automatic flight planning is the missing piece. I haven't tried to manually fly a mission and then bring the photos into the software. I'm not confident enough at my flying skills. :) I will test myself to see if I can do it. How do you trigger your pictures in a consistent manner?

Sorry, that is ultimately what I meant. Flying a mapping mission without being able to integrate into the automatic flight planning is the missing piece. I haven't tried to manually fly a mission and then bring the photos into the software. I'm not confident enough at my flying skills. :) I will test myself to see if I can do it. How do you trigger your pictures in a consistent manner?
In camera settings you can enable Video + Photos. That will take jpgs at a predetermined rate.

Reactions: EBEPLS
Can I make a waypoint flight plan in the app while the quad is flying and tell it to take a photo at every way point?

Nice versatile budget Nano+ clone :) Not very solid FC or software features though. Camera not in same league. I'd prefer the Nano+ despite costing $200-300 more
For tre Autel Nano+, i expect Waypoints would just be a matter of incorporating the features into the app, if the phone can send steering controls to the remote.
I expect Autel is intentionally reserving waypoints to the higher price point lines.

Nice versatile budget Nano+ clone :) Not very solid FC or software features though. Camera not in same league. I'd prefer the Nano+ despite costing $200-300 more
For tre Autel Nano+, i expect Waypoints would just be a matter of incorporating the features into the app, if the phone can send steering controls to the remote.
I expect Autel is intentionally reserving waypoints to the higher price point lines.
Yah I have the larger x8 not the mini. For what you pay it's been good but you only get a 12mp camera so obviously the autel is huge step up. Plus the larger x8 weighs to much for were I need to legally fly.

Hi I want to use nano + photogrametry but autel sky software support only manuel flying.is it possibile autonomues fly nano + as polygon or rectangel mission thanks..
Non-RTK models are not recommended for surveying, mapping and measurement. There is no problem with monitoring. The 640T can be understood as a mobile monitoring device. If the EVO II RTK series needs accurate mapping and measurement, it needs to be combined with image control points.

Reactions: EBEPLS and trontar
I have used the custom waypoint RTH (Return To Home) feature as a hack to get the Nano + to fly to specific waypoint positions. You can then cancel the RTH sequence and enter a new custom waypoint. This is clumsy and takes precious time to enter all this information while the Nano is hovering in place but it does allow you to fly to specific points.

Note: With the V1.4.32 Sky app and V1.6.5 aircraft FW there are multiple bugs with my setup in the acceptance of the Longitude number. You can't enter a " - " negative character if you erase the existing "-" character in the string. Additionally the first number after the decimal in DD (Decimal Degree) Lat/Lon format mode is ignored.

For example: If the existing longitude is -65.2357 and you erase that value and then try to re-enter the same value "-65.2357" it does not allow you to enter the "-" sign and only 65.357 is entered which it won't allow you to save because it is too far away. It also drops the first character after the decimal, in this case the "2", and instead stores .357 instead of .2357.

The fix for this is to exit the menu and return to the Custom waypoint menu and when you enter the longitude make sure you don't backspace past the "-" sign. You also have to add a dummy character to get the correct longitude value entered. 65.22357 would have to be entered to enter 65.2357 once you hit save since the first 2 is ignored.

I have used this to navigate to within about 2-4 meters horizontal position of a known benchmark as well as other property markers that were determined using GIS software.

It allowed me to find multiple property markers in dense forest growth by flying the Nano above the point and then looking under where it is hovering.

Can I make a waypoint flight plan in the app while the quad is flying and tell it to take a photo at every way point?
You can assign 1x Waypoint as a RTH.
Manual Cancellation Required.
Be Very Careful of Drone Height !

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo