Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Issue using a DJI KLM file in a polygon mission.

z_bryant

Reaction score
I received a KLM file for a construction site mapping project, from a service company that only deals with DJI drones. It turns out the KLM was only waypoints that define the boundary of the project. I see no way to use that KLM to create a polygon mission in the Explorer APP.
I've never flown DJI's so I have no idea if this is normal or not.

The site in question is in a block of woodlands, so there are no visible means to see where the property actually ends. So, no way to build the polygon ahead of time.

Is there a solution somewhere that I'm overlooking?

I was up 'til 1:00 in the morning to come up with a workaround. It wasn't a very elegant solution, and somewhat of a pain in the butt. But I got a workable KLM with a grid in it.

I guess that for a lot of sites, this isn't an issue, as you can easily see the extents of the worksite. But what are you folks doing for similar situations as what I encountered?

You can import a KML file to create a mission in the Explorer App. I copied some text below I found.

KML File Import

Now users can create missions with their preferred KML planning software and import them to the Explorer app. The import feature supports:
  • Waypoint Mission
  • Rectangular Mission
  • Polygon Mission
Before importing KML, users need to save the files to their mobile devices. There are two ways to use the KML files:
  1. Open the file directly
  • Find the KML file and tap it. The Explorer app will the KML file automatically
  • Choose the correct mission type, and you will see the mission
2. Using the import function in Explorer app
  • Go to Mission, and find the import icon
  • Tap to choose the KML file you want to import, and you will see the mission

Reactions: altangerel

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member