Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Motor Startup issue

Roy Orth

Reaction score
I have two EVOs and in the past couple of weeks both units started having intermittent problems at startup. Only two or three of the motors will start when activated and not the same motor each time making me think it is a software problem. I reboot the controller and drone and they generally start properly however not always. Has anyone else encountered this problem.

I had an issue the other day with my Evo, not exactly the same issue but similar. All motors started fine, I let it "idle for about 30 seconds as I was checking settings and took off, about 5 foot off the ground 2 rotors stopped spinning. (diagonally opposite from one another). Thank god I was taking off from a soft spot because it spun wildly and actually landed upright. I was shutting motors down as it landed. I flew a couple more flights cautiously that day with no other problems so far. I just did an update a few days before.

Yes but you have to know if the problems are under Firmware 1.4.9 or 1.5.8

If the problem was firmware, I imagine everyone would have it on that build.

Having this issue too. Intermittently only 3 motors will start. Stop the motors, restart and the opposite motor will not start. Had this issue with not sure what firmware was on my evo at the time of purchase, but just updated to the 1.5 and still having the intermittent motor start issue.

Having this issue too. Intermittently only 3 motors will start. Stop the motors, restart and the opposite motor will not start. Had this issue with not sure what firmware was on my evo at the time of purchase, but just updated to the 1.5 and still having the intermittent motor start issue.

That is more then a issue ;)
If you still have warranty or even not I would talk to Autel tech about it. You do not want to do any flying with that until it gets resolved.

That is more then a issue ;)
If you still have warranty or even not I would talk to Autel tech about it. You do not want to do any flying with that until it gets resolved.

Spoke to Autel, created a service request and sending it off tomorrow.Thanks for the advice, I’m going to miss her for awhile but beats the alternative. Falling out of the sky.

I just bought the Evo this past weekend. I powered it up and only 2 out of 3 motors started. (Left Front did not). I powered it off and rebooted everything. I powered up and only 2 out of 3 motors started. (Right Front did not). I powered everything off, packed up, and came home. I am curently running latest firmware. Do I want to return the Product? Is there a solution or known problem with this? Im afraid to fly now due to this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If it helps anyone i have shared the 2 flight logs: May 13th, 2020 09:08PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from Explorer app, version on iOS | Total Mileage: 15 ft | United States | Airdata UAV
Welcome to the forums. Apparently this has started to become more and more common in the latest batches of Evos. My suggestion is to get your Evo replaced at the store. It appears the ESCs came DOA out of the factory.

Reactions: robertmarcos
My department has (3) EVO's and recently (2) of the (3) units had the same issue. It was believed to be a software issue and the units were returned for service. They seem to be working fine now.

I have been having the same problem but it does not happen all the time ,when starting the motors one will not start it has not been the same motor it changes some times but when they do all start the drone flies perfectly ,so I do not have a clue what the problem is if any one has some advice it would be appreciated Steve San Diego

I have the same problem with my Evo 1. The front left motor only starts about 30% of the time. But it'll eventually work and will keep running for the entire flight. This has been going on for a month now and it's getting worse. I plan to ship it back for repair because I also have a "spastic gimbal"

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain