Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Motor Startup issue

Update on my motor not starting I sent my drone back to Autel and they said the PCB board needs to be replaced at a cost of 180 dollars, I bought the drone on Ebay and it was new and never had been flown but since it was not a authorized seller Autel will not honor the warranty. I have been arguing the fact that this is a well documented issue and the drone should of been recalled or Autel should be stepping up to the plate, and at least give me some type of a break but all I have gotten is the same old response that the drone was not purchased from a authorized seller. which they make it sound like Autel did not get paid for the drone that warranty bull is nothing but way for them to make more money from problem that they created by them my drone does not even have 2 hours total time on it and the last reply from them was some what sarcastic of a response basically telling me to take it or leave it in nature .

mine is doing this as well. all winter it sat. 10-12 flights last year. did fine. now i got it out today 3-5-21 to ck on a fire close to me and it just wouldnt start correct. after re booting and trying several times it finally did start and flew but i got it back asap once saw what i needed to. so i called. tech said has had this problem so sent me a return form. its too new to have this issue and just sitting as well. i hope they can fix this. its definatly a electrical pc board issue the way its acting. it shouldnt have gone bad just sitting. i also did install the newest firmware 1.5.8 and updated all the batteries, same issue. fingers crossed. paid enough for this it shouldnt be bad from sitting.

update, this has never been crashed and not flown much. less then a few hours. hers the scoop. so i asked them ok what caused this issue? no answer back yet.

I have received your unit into repair and reviewed the aircraft and logs. I have determined that the aircraft's FCC PCB and the aircraft's top black shell are damaged and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, this aircraft is out of warranty. We always strive to provide the best possible resolution for you. $160 for repair. ?
so i will post a reply if i get one.

Last edited:
update, this has never been crashed and not flown much. less then a few hours. hers the scoop. so i asked them ok what caused this issue? no answer back yet.

I have received your unit into repair and reviewed the aircraft and logs. I have determined that the aircraft's FCC PCB and the aircraft's top black shell are damaged and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, this aircraft is out of warranty. We always strive to provide the best possible resolution for you. $160 for repair. ?
so i will posr a reply if i get one.

Hello I am dealing with Autel as we speak and there customer support is terrible, I'm sure you read my post I have the same problem as you do , they cant even come up with explanation why they are charging me more to fix the same problem that others have had I was wandering if you can post a copy of your invoice for the repair they quoted you I would appreciate it Thanks

and whats up with top shell black? its never been crashed. it sat in the case all winter. unless something on the defective board got hot and melted inside? that is the esc and does control the motors. this is a known issue per david webster tech i spoke with and not per date rather per defect it should be covered. i was seriously considering evo II but took it out of my cart due to this situation! way to go autel!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58