Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New to Autel, still amateur drone pilot

tundrawolf

Reaction score
Henlo,

I have a Parrot Bebop drone I cute my teeth with, and have had a lot of fun with.

Recently with the turmoil in the world, and the prepper's mantra, "Two is one, and one is none" I decided to get another drone... I bought a DJI Mavic Pro 2, however, something went wrong and the money was refunded... This was a cosmic happening, as I did some research, and discovered the long flight time and high quality camera of the Autel Evo Pro 2, so I bought one of them, instead (I got the rugged kit, it's very nice!)

I bought it as a backup for my parrot.

Presently, I have a FLIR USB C thermal camera system (Designed for an android phone) that I am trying to integrate onto/into the drone so I can have a top-down view of thermal signatures, either for security purposes, entertainment, or possible hunting (If things get bad enough, it never hurts to be prepared, I have survived everything from wolf attacks to armed combat, solo hiking accidents, and several other things that have historically, killed people in the past, so to say I am familiar with the dangers of life, is an understatement, this drone is an extension of "myself" to keep me, and my loved ones safe :3)

If I cannot integrate the FLIR camera with the drones native video feed, then I will use a separate transmitter to pipe the footage to another monitor, dedicated to thermal mapping of an area.

I got the drone yesterday, haven't had a lot of time to fly it, today I am hoping to get some flight time into it today.

In doing research, I see the Enterprise version has larger motors, (But the same airframe) my question is, how to get these motors, A. and B., can the stock controllers on the 2 pro handle the increased motor size and current requirements?

Anyway looking forward to using this drone and its features!

Reactions: GFields
Henlo,

I have a Parrot Bebop drone I cute my teeth with, and have had a lot of fun with.

Recently with the turmoil in the world, and the prepper's mantra, "Two is one, and one is none" I decided to get another drone... I bought a DJI Mavic Pro 2, however, something went wrong and the money was refunded... This was a cosmic happening, as I did some research, and discovered the long flight time and high quality camera of the Autel Evo Pro 2, so I bought one of them, instead (I got the rugged kit, it's very nice!)

I bought it as a backup for my parrot.

Presently, I have a FLIR USB C thermal camera system (Designed for an android phone) that I am trying to integrate onto/into the drone so I can have a top-down view of thermal signatures, either for security purposes, entertainment, or possible hunting (If things get bad enough, it never hurts to be prepared, I have survived everything from wolf attacks to armed combat, solo hiking accidents, and several other things that have historically, killed people in the past, so to say I am familiar with the dangers of life, is an understatement, this drone is an extension of "myself" to keep me, and my loved ones safe :3)

If I cannot integrate the FLIR camera with the drones native video feed, then I will use a separate transmitter to pipe the footage to another monitor, dedicated to thermal mapping of an area.

I got the drone yesterday, haven't had a lot of time to fly it, today I am hoping to get some flight time into it today.

In doing research, I see the Enterprise version has larger motors, (But the same airframe) my question is, how to get these motors, A. and B., can the stock controllers on the 2 pro handle the increased motor size and current requirements?

Anyway looking forward to using this drone and its features!
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . 👍

Reactions: GFields
Hello,
Can somebody tell me if there is no posibilty to buy longer landing legs.
I have a Evo light + and it is not possible to take of in the fields ( the cam touch the grass etc..)
A landingset would be much better ( my opinion)

Hello,
Can somebody tell me if there is no posibilty to buy longer landing legs.
I have a Evo light + and it is not possible to take of in the fields ( the cam touch the grass etc..)
A landingset would be much better ( my opinion)
That I know of.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials