Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I'm "really" new to Drones.....

whisky

Reaction score
my Wife purchased an EVO a couple of years ago and we (I've) just gotten around to setting it up and flying it for the 1st times over the past few days. I'm curious about a couple of things 1) I've read that the EVO has "Tracking" and "Circling" program ability but I've not found those capabilities to be available with this Drone - would these programs be available on a firmware download ? and 2) while flying in a pretty stiff breeze I constantly lost the ability to fly the Drone "forward" - however the other control functions continued to work - each time "forward" control was lost I landed the Drone, shut down, re-started and found that "forward" operation was regained, but only for a minute or so and then lost again

any ideas reference the 2 "problems" stated above ? thank you, Whisky

• Wow
Reactions: GFields and GM Dave
my Wife purchased an EVO a couple of years ago and we (I've) just gotten around to setting it up and flying it for the 1st times over the past few days. I'm curious about a couple of things 1) I've read that the EVO has "Tracking" and "Circling" program ability but I've not found those capabilities to be available with this Drone - would these programs be available on a firmware download ? and 2) while flying in a pretty stiff breeze I constantly lost the ability to fly the Drone "forward" - however the other control functions continued to work - each time "forward" control was lost I landed the Drone, shut down, re-started and found that "forward" operation was regained, but only for a minute or so and then lost again

It is going to help a lot if you can tell us what drone you have.
You should always read the owners manual and look on line for information with the model you have.
You Tube is very helpful.
The two features you mention are usually in the app without a firmware update. and in the controller menu before you go into the camera part of the app.;)

actually I did mention that the drone is an EVO and I've looked everywhere (except where an answer to my questions is located) - been all over youtube - owners manual is almost non-existent - last resort was getting into a forum (of people in the know) and seeing if someone might be helpful.....

actually I did mention that the drone is an EVO and I've looked everywhere (except where an answer to my questions is located) - been all over youtube - owners manual is almost non-existent - last resort was getting into a forum (of people in the know) and seeing if someone might be helpful.....
No need to be snippy !:mad:
You said you have an EVO ? EVO WHAT ? The model is the specific part that could Help.
People can be more helpful if you give the full story on your first post.
Nobody answered because the post was so vague. I just thought I'd get the ball rolling.
the Pilot Institute video should have helped. Theres never a last resort.
Good Luck

Reactions: GFields and kelly1

Also if the controller calibration does not work try turning off your obstacle sensors. You might have something wrong with the forward sensors.

thank you Madhungarian, I will give the calibration a go - will also keep in mind the "turning off of the sensors" idea should the calibration not work

I had viewed "a lot" of that fellow's videos (ref EVO) but missed that particular one

I appreciate your help.....

Last edited:
@GM Dave, no need to be surly.
Isn't the title of the post: Home -> Forums -> EVO I -> EVO I Discussion

Myopia can be cured at the present time....

You say it loses forward flight in a stiff wind. This can be because if your drone can fly say 50 kph and you are trying to fly into a 60kph head wind then your air speed is 50 but your ground speed is minus 10. So you are appearing to fly bacwards relative to your position.
On a windy day if you are going to fly you should avoid heading out in the direction of the wind.
Did you try changing to speed mode ?
Reducing altitude can help as try wind is generally stronger the higher you are.

A lot of reported fly aways are actually blow aways caused by flying in wind that is stronger than drone is designed for.

thank ;you el Tigre - I've done the calibration, as suggested above, but haven't had the opportunity to get out and give it a test - hopefully I can get a wind/breeze free day to do some experimenting - I've also got a new dji drone set-up but haven't flown as yet, so.....come on mamma nature, give me some good flying weather - please

happy to report that the calibration that was suggested and that I performed seems to have been the ticket - weather conditions permitted my Wife and I to head out to one of our Pastures and fly her machine (Evo). she did most of the flying and videoing but I was able to get "some" time in too.....put our landing pad out which turned out to be an attraction for our very small herd of Horses - they got very nosey and a couple of them (Bondi and Cinco) started pawing (hoofing) at it, so decided to pick it up to prevent damage to it - we flew just 1 of her 3 batteries to warning but decided that was enough "practice" for the day

gotta say we're enjoying the flying mucho (now I've gotta find time to take my new dji Mavic 3 Classic out for it's 1st flight - maybe manana

thanks again for the advise and welcoming I've received for members here.....Bill

Reactions: Madhungarian

Whisky,

Are you flying near any structures or objects, which will cause the accident avoidance to kick in and prevent the drone from flying in the direction of the obstruction.

no Sir, that wasn't the case - I believe it was a "calibration" problem because I ran the calibration and the next day flew the drone in the same vicinity as where the problem happened and everything "work" great, but thank you for the reply.....Bill

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy