Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Missing remote to iPhone connection cable!

Yikes. $25 for a cable? No way. They sell nice heavy duty ones at Home Depot for $5, but they are 3 feet long so I passed. Here is a 1.5ft one for $8 at Monoprice with the L shaped connector.

I have been ordering cables from Monoprice for probably a decade. It's a very well trusted source.

I received my Evo II 6K Pro Rugged Bundle yesterday, such a great day :)...until I discovered there is no included cable to connect the controller w/ my iPhone which has a lightning connector :mad:. REALLY, How can this be? Anyway, now I'm wondering what my choices are. Page 74 of the Evo II series manual indicates that "SUPPORTED USB PORT TYPES: Lightning, micro USB, (Type-B), USB-C

If a cable exists will you please direct me to a vendor, and a specific part number? I'm itching to fly this bird (rather than return it for a refund.)

Thank
Rabbit stew. Right up there with squirrel.
Obeka Compatible 1FT 90 Degree Micro USB to iOS Phone Tablet OTG Data Cable Right Angle Connector Cord DJI Spark, Mavic Pro, Platinum, Air, 2 Pro, Zoom Remote Controller Accessories (1 Pack) Amazon.com: Obeka Compatible 1FT 90 Degree Micro USB to iOS Phone Tablet OTG Data Cable Right Angle Connector Cord DJI Spark, Mavic Pro, Platinum, Air, 2 Pro, Zoom Remote Controller Accessories (1 Pack)

Unfortunately the EVO does not come with a iOS connector you have to provide one yourself . I know it’s crap for a $2000 drone not to have one. My $400 FIMI X8 has one supplied

I was using one of the Lighting-USB cables that I already had. I just gathered the extra cable and put a velcro strap on to hold the excess.

Then, one night at Lowes, they had a coiled Lightning-USB cable. Works perfect for not having all that extra length.

Last edited:
The lack of a Lightning cable was not a surprise to me as this was derived from pre-purchase reading of reviews and scoping out of drone system beforehand, I opine. Because of Apple's stubborness of chipping their approved cables, I wouldn't expect Autel to pay the royalty needed to suppy certified Apple parts.

I received my Evo II 6K Pro Rugged Bundle yesterday, such a great day :)...until I discovered there is no included cable to connect the controller w/ my iPhone which has a lightning connector :mad:. REALLY, How can this be? Anyway, now I'm wondering what my choices are. Page 74 of the Evo II series manual indicates that "SUPPORTED USB PORT TYPES: Lightning, micro USB, (Type-B), USB-C

If a cable exists will you please direct me to a vendor, and a specific part number? I'm itching to fly this bird (rather than return it for a refund.)

Thank you!
Use the same one you charge the phone with

I bought a nifty coiled cord at (of all places, Lowes) that works great with Autel and iPhone.

Thank you!
Try Drone Valley.

Really not to sure why a $1500 drone doesn’t include a lightning cable. I purchased a Mavic pro 30cm Otg cable and used the micro usb port
Yeah I just received my 6K today too and was surprised they wouldn't supply a cable....pretty lame. And the cable position is odd too. If you use a normal length lightning Apple cable it's so sloppy and way too much cable. Then I tried a small one I had and was way too tight and pressing against my right hand which would drive me nuts. What are others using?!?

Yeah I just received my 6K today too and was surprised they wouldn't supply a cable....pretty lame. And the cable position is odd too. If you use a normal length lightning Apple cable it's so sloppy and way too much cable. Then I tried a small one I had and was way too tight and pressing against my right hand which would drive me nuts. What are others using?!?
I bought a coiled cable at...believe or not....Lowes...

• Haha
Reactions: atortaloha
You don't have to lie I know you got the neon yellow one. ? How do you like the coil does it get in the way at all or anything?
It's been OK. It's easier to store since it's coiled, too. I place my the iPhone so that the connection is to the left...and the cord goes from the controller underneath and to the phone. when I hold the left side of the controller, the cord is touching the back of the left hand. But...for me that's better than a hanging cable or one bundled up. In the end...to each their own, I suppose...but I'm pleased with this set up.

Yes, that will work. That’s what I use, Don’t let this minor problem ruin your first experiences with the Evo 2.

I picked up the Eve 2 Pro last month, probably one of my best drone purchases ever and I’ve made plenty. Here’s a picture taken last night off the rocky side of a mountain, with 3xzoom. Evo 2 Pro is great for rough terrain photography or video capturing wildlife.

Enjoy your Evo 2 Pro, don’t sweat the small stuff.

Paul

View attachment 7492
Great picture

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials