Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

MAVIC 3....a Huge dissapointment! AUTEL, this is your chance ! Do not Blow it !

I respectfully disagree on most of what you said sorry,the big name US dealers already had the M3 in stock even before
launch day.It was not nearly 2 weeks for shipping on first orders.
Back to Autel and I am sticking to my guns on this,there should not have been any nano or lite announcement of any kind
until the products were built and in dealers hands and ready to fulfill orders.
The Mavic 3 when fully updated with firmware early next year will be untouchable by any other company period.
Autel knows they can never even try to compete with DJI,because it is a lost battle before it began.
Now I am done.
relax, the autel product is shipping shortly. please be patience, sorry for the delay. btw "we are not dji" :)

relax, the autel product is shipping shortly. please be patience, sorry for the delay. btw "we are not dji" :)
Certainly not DJI,lol.
Anyway I am kinda interested in the Lite+ or the Nano+ .
The variable camera settings and 1" sensor on the lite+
are gaining my interest.Its getting time for me to do an upgrade.
Have a good one

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
We will see the final quality, that is what matters.
For now, another problems appeared on DJI M3 sensor:
1. The image have visible blown magenta in sides - multiple cases on DJI forum, no one can say is sensor manufacturer or codec problem...From my side, a Hasselblad camera that should be balanced perfectly in colors have no excuses for this....also is not known if they will make a calibration of sensor error from software, but error remains in hardware.
2. There is another problem related to soft areas in pictures, already a few users have seen that parts from DNG file is not sharp, but blurred, like the sensor is having a problem in that parts... I don't believe this is possible to be repaired in firmware, as DNG have no software for compression, is just what the sensor sees...

So...a lot of market noise, but a lot will be deceived by the quality of this drone, as is made without taking care of any Q.C.

We will see the final quality, that is what matters.
For now, another problems appeared on DJI M3 sensor:
1. The image have visible blown magenta in sides - multiple cases on DJI forum, no one can say is sensor manufacturer or codec problem...From my side, a Hasselblad camera that should be balanced perfectly in colors have no excuses for this....also is not known if they will make a calibration of sensor error from software, but error remains in hardware.
2. There is another problem related to soft areas in pictures, already a few users have seen that parts from DNG file is not sharp, but blurred, like the sensor is having a problem in that parts... I don't believe this is possible to be repaired in firmware, as DNG have no software for compression, is just what the sensor sees...

So...a lot of market noise, but a lot will be deceived by the quality of this drone, as is made without taking care of any Q.C.
there are always going to be a few defective cameras in any release,it sure seems like there are also plenty of
happy Mavic 3 owners also.I do not see by any means of Autel being perfect,they have had defective units also.
And they can never even try to compete with DJI,especially the way they handle their paper launches and getting
the drones out to customers 10 years later.

Reactions: dirkclod
You guys can come down on DJI all you want but you want never
compare to them. Say all you want to Flame me all you want but
but Nothing Autel will never ever compare to them.
Been here in these forums 7 years and have read all.Keep on
all you want but DJI has it and will as probably I am here. 🤷‍♂️

You guys can come down on DJI all you want but you want never
compare to them. Say all you want to Flame me all you want but
but Nothing Autel will never ever compare to them.
Been here in these forums 7 years and have read all.Keep on
all you want but DJI has it and will as probably I am here. 🤷‍♂️
Have you owned an Autel product to base this opinion on?
Sorry brother but Autel makes incredible products and to me honestly are way better in customer support. I had a battery that had swolen and was a year and a half old (6 months past warranty) and because it only had 16 charges they replaced it no questions asked. The only problem with them for me is that when they decided to release SDK's, no third party entities wanted to work with them because they weren't the big boy on the block (DJI). My XSP was a beast and I would have never sold it but they discontinued batteries for it. I'd still own it otherwise. The only way DJI is better is third party sofware and that's it. Build quality on Autel products is second to nobody.

Last edited:
Sorry brother but Autel makes incredible products and to me honestly are way better in customer support. I had a battery that had swolen and was a year and a half old (6 months past warranty) and because it only had 16 charges they replaced it no questions asked. The only problem with them for me is that when they decided to release SDK's, no third party entities wanted to work with them because they weren't the big boy on the block (DJI). My XSP was a beast and I would have never sold it but they discontinued batteries for it. I'd still own it otherwise. The only way DJI is better is third party sofware and that's it. Build quality on Autel products is second to nobody.
Sorry to rain on your parade,but Autel is horrible at getting the product to market,after the
so called paper release.Just another reason why DJI basically owns the market share.
If Autel would would have the products available before they announce them and ready to
ship out on release day then maybe they would close the gap just somewhat.
Yes Autel build quality is really good,but the above mentioned shortcomings overshadow that.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
Sorry to rain on your parade,but Autel is horrible at getting the product to market,after the
so called paper release.Just another reason why DJI basically owns the market share.
If Autel would would have the products available before they announce them and ready to
ship out on release day then maybe they would close the gap just somewhat.
Yes Autel build quality is really good,but the above mentioned shortcomings overshadow that.
Ain't no rain here. That's just your opinion and everyone has one just like a specific body part. Do you or have you ever owned an Autel product?
So the Mavic 3 was a success? They released the product before it was ready. The app is crippled and issues with it are numerous. How could they even release it like that is the big question. Not to mention if you have something go wrong good luck with DJI fixing it on warranty let alone even if you have Care Refresh. Autel steps up that way huge.
Also, what about that fly app. Only select few phones and tablets work well with it or even work at all. All the bugs in the app and never being fixed right. I had to stick with 1.4.8 (1185) for it to work properly. So now I can't use the streaming feature till they get those bugs fixed and this drone is over a year and a half old!
I've owned an Autel since the release of the XSP and been in this forum for many years now.
I love my Mavic Air 2 but thank god I have't had any issues with it other than the above.

Last edited:
Ain't no rain here. That's just your opinion and everyone has one just like a specific body part. Do you or have you ever owned an Autel product?
So the Mavic 3 was a success? They released the product before it was ready. The app is crippled the issues with it are numerous. How could they even release it like that is the big question. Not to mention if you have something go wrong good luck with DJI fixing it on warranty let alone even if you have Care Refresh. Autel steps up that way huge.
I've owned an Autel since the release of the XSP and been in this forum for many years now.
I love my Mavic Air 2 but thank god I have't had any issues with it.
I have a Mavic air 2 also,and have had no issues at all with it.
DJI can't be too bad if you have the air 2 and love it.
When the M3 updates are done on it ,in Jan.all will be forgotten
when it becomes the best you can get.
Done

• Haha
I have a Mavic air 2 also,and have had no issues at all with it.
DJI can't be too bad if you have the air 2 and love it.
When the M3 updates are done on it ,in Jan.all will be forgotten
when it becomes the best you can get.
Done
bet me dji doesnt fully deliver on that january promise? im guess they will deliver about half of what the larger base is expecting. for example, no waypoints.

bet me dji doesnt fully deliver on that january promise? im guess they will deliver about half of what the larger base is expecting. for example, no waypoints.
Na ,I would hate to take your money.
But I firmly believe they will deliver,especially considering the cost of this drone and whats at stake .
At least when they released the M3 it was made available for orders right away,and dealers had stock.
Then we have Autel with as an example the new nano and lite series drones, paper announced wayyyyy back in
Sept.and still not available for ordering ,and I am not talking about pre orders.What is there excuse.
Oh wait I know bad company decision making.
And finally getting back to DJI ,Waypoints may or may not happen only DJI knows what they want to do.
Even without waypoints I am sure that would destroy the M3 entirely lol.
Its how it is on here with the Mavic 3 bashing,even if they upgraded all the firmware there would be whining
about something else.
Done end of story.

Do you or have you ever owned an Autel drone? You never answered.
And how the heck will the Air app be fixed for the M3 soon when It hasn't even been fixed for the MA2 yet which is like a year and a half old?

Last edited:
Do you or have you ever owned an Autel drone? You never answered.
And how the heck will the Air app be fixed for the M3 soon when It hasn't even been fixed for the MA2 yet which like a year and a half old?
Not that it matters ,no I have A DJI mavic air 2.
Have it for a little over a year now and running current version 1.5.0
Everything runs great ,so I don't know where you are coming up with
an issue on the fly app for the air 2.
One more thing the fly app for the M3 does not need fixing,it is unfinished
and not broken.
One more time the firmware updates are to added in January.
Good Gravy.
One final note I went with the best right away,and did not even look
at Autel.
At least I knew when I was ready to order the dealers had it in stock unlike the other
brand.
Out of here

Ok, I take none of your opinions with a grain of salt if you've never owned one. Thank you for your time.

Have you owned an Autel product to base this opinion on?
No I haven’t but am a very good friend of a ex Admin I talked to everyday that had one and was very proud the day he sold it.

No I haven’t but am a very good friend of a ex Admin I talked to everyday that had one and was very proud the day he sold it.
And again. I can't take an opinion with a grain of salt if someone has never even owned one. Agustine didn't sell his and still loves it and Ansia had a lemon from the start (I also talk to both of them often). Support for him was very difficult from where he lives.
So the two main people in this (Autel forum) thread saying DJI is the absolute best and Autel sucks haven't ever owned an Autel. Just sayin'. ;)

Last edited:
And again. I can't take an opinion with a grain of salt if someone has never even owned one. Agustine didn't sell his and still loves it and Ansia had a lemon from the start. Support for him was very difficult from where he lives.
So the two main people in this thread saying DJI is the absolute best and Autel sucks haven't ever owned an Autel. Just sayin'. ;)
And just saying I agree what your saying about not taking a opinion
from no one that hasn’t have one but beleave you know me from Mavic and not looked in PP and you know where I fall. If you gifted
me I would send it back. Not gonna argue about it and should not have even posted. Not what I’m here for. And only gonna say it 1 more time and out of this. Autel might be great but from reading all I do I don’t see it that way. As far as what Augustine says a ExMod from here I don’t care. 🤷‍♂️ I do respect your opinion and will do my best from now own to just keep everyone in check with our
guidelines and keep my opinions to myself 👍

And just saying I agree what your saying about not taking a opinion
from no one that hasn’t have one but beleave you know me from Mavic and not looked in PP and you know where I fall. If you gifted
me I would send it back. Not gonna argue about it and should not have even posted. Not what I’m here for. And only gonna say it 1 more time and out of this. Autel might be great but from reading all I do I don’t see it that way. As far as what Augustine says a ExMod from here I don’t care. 🤷‍♂️ I do respect your opinion and will do my best from now own to just keep everyone in check with our
guidelines and keep my opinions to myself 👍
Was just a discussion, nothing bad and just my opinion. :)
Edit: I like to try to help in both forums if/when I can. Edit Edit lol: Although I don't frequent this forum as much anymore since I sold my XSP.

Last edited:
And again. I can't take an opinion with a grain of salt if someone has never even owned one. Agustine didn't sell his and still loves it and Ansia had a lemon from the start (I also talk to both of them often). Support for him was very difficult from where he lives.
So the two main people in this (Autel forum) thread saying DJI is the absolute best and Autel sucks haven't ever owned an Autel. Just sayin'. ;)
I feel so special.

• Love
Reactions: PingSpike
I'd really like to see Autel improve it's App, create seperate apps and openly share SDK & assist 3rd Party Developers. That would be a huge improvement... although reality isn't high. That has been a disappointment, and I watched Yuneec degrade in similar fashion by not sharing SDK and limited app development... and that was a company very competitive with DJI years back.

I own Yuneec H520 & H480, Autel EVO1, PowerVision Egg, and Multiple DJI from M600Pro, M210. I1 & I2..and practically all smaller platforms. Purchased a Anafi - Returned, Purchased a EVO2 - Returned.

All brands had interactions with service department.
Service by far has been hands down better w DJI. Communications, updates and successfully done promptly. Warranty again DJI best. I've sent older cameras, A3 modules, Lightbridge unit, etc purchased used on ebay that where repaired as no charge. Recently purchased 2 DJI FPV kits... one flew fine but had a gritty feeling motor by hand feel. Sent to DJI and they replaced without touching my 2 Yr Care plan.

Not a fan of Fly App... prefer DJI Go4, Go3 and multiple 3rd Party apps. That is a huge advantage of DJI... 3rd party support and Developers.

I like the EVO2 Ent, probably better than the M3 but Autel Mgmt disarray, distribution failures, and poor marketing... it's a risky company at the moment to invest if they continue to damage themselves. That said, still feel it may be a platform to purchase & add to inventory.

Personally I'd like to see Nano, Lite and Enterprise be successful... and I think they beat DJI in several features. But certainty has much higher confidence in DJI successfully producing products & updates. Confidence in M3's developing future has high probability... my EVO1 had several updates or improvements that didn't produce. DJI certainty is not ideal... but it's way out in Ft.

That doesn't mean Autel is bad product... they have great products. But if design & eng can't get Mgnt and all other company aspects working & producing.... the product doesn't reach high success or market.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials