Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

MAVIC 3....a Huge dissapointment! AUTEL, this is your chance ! Do not Blow it !

Much use with the DJI Go3 and Go4... S1000, M600Pro, Inspire1 & 2, M210, M2P/Z... been playing with Fly App and M2AS.

Fly App simply lacks!
Auto mode, manual modes lack, and program modes that have been in DJI apps for some time, not counting waypoints missing or lacking.
The Fly app is weak & lacking... certainly not suitable for pretty much any commercial, professional, even serious Hobbyist.

Hopefully SDK will continue to be shared and 3rd Party Developers can provide needed functionality for multiple different arenas & focus.

How DJI Mgmt decided to refer to the M3 as Professional and assign it to the Fly App... poor marketing decision, an opinion shared by many.
The M3 is more of a prosumer drone ,and not pro.

Reactions: PingSpike
The M3 is more of a prosumer drone ,and not pro.
Yep, at this stage I'd tend to agree with ya, although above the M2P in many ways and "should"... evolve if one agrees with the projected news... this week's new FW was an early positive... if it meets the Pro's requirements will be evaluated over time. I personally fail to see how the M3 Cine would meet the Cinematography Pro's with a fixed SSD, non-redundant battery and single lens MFT.

Previously the Prosumer / Hobbyist would purchase Pro Crafts like the Inspire 2 to have the higher end tools. Now feels like they're offering a Prosumer Craft and presenting it to meet Pro requirements... kinda backwards.

Yep, at this stage I'd tend to agree with ya, although above the M2P in many ways and "should"... evolve if one agrees with the projected news... this week's new FW was an early positive... if it meets the Pro's requirements will be evaluated over time. I personally fail to see how the M3 Cine would meet the Cinematography Pro's with a fixed SSD, non-redundant battery and single lens MFT.

Previously the Prosumer / Hobbyist would purchase Pro Crafts like the Inspire 2 to have the higher end tools. Now feels like they're offering a Prosumer Craft and presenting it to meet Pro requirements... kinda backwards.
It was good that DJI released the M3 firmware early,its possible that when the rest of the firmware is up to date on it
that it could be close to pro category.I guess only time will tell.
It seems unless I am making it up that the SSD being fixed & non removable is not overly popular in the cine version.
I am considering the non cine version maybe sometime next year.I want to give them time to work all of the bugs out of it first.
In other words let the product mature.Kinda also have my eye on the Autel evo lite+,I like some of the specs on the camera.
I currently have a DJI Mavic air 2 which has been working great.But the Autel lite+ has a 1" sensor,with variable aperture
which caught my eye.Have to see what the new year brings.
Have A great day.

And the DJI Fly hobbyist app 😬

Here's a scary thought...

The new Inspire 3 will also use DJI Fly.

🏃‍♂️
It's not out of consideration... if DJI is transitioning to Fly App... it's a possibility, a sad one but a possibility. They may transition to 2 apps: Fly and Enterprise Pilot. Leaving the Cinematography Pro without a specialized App Tool.

DJI developed the Go3 and Go4 App, allowing the User to fly and manage the flight's parameters within a relatively simple & feature rich interface. At that time, PX4 firmware / flight control was popular that required a bit more complex setup, radio setup, etc. The DJI Go Apps changed the interface and hardware requirements into a simplistic package that included a radio already part of the package.

This has continued to evolve, and the simplistic interface & control has become a focused direction for the majority of Buyers & Users. Those in Pro category may transition to other Brands or Tools to meet their needs... at a higher cost. That may be DJI's view, as competition increases the goal is to retain their majority market at the cost of loosing a small market in both percentage of Users and Sales. Pro tools are higher cost, but percentage of sales is relatively small. They may have determined prosumer Mavic 2 Pro reduced their Pro Inspire 2 & M600Pro market to the point of not being profitable to develop new versions. Their 2 main groups are Prosumer and Enterprise... which seems to be their focus the last 2-3 years. There may not be a Inspire 2 replacement within DJI... that small market may need to move to other Brands specialized in Cinematography... FreeFly Alta6 & 8, etc.

It was good that DJI released the M3 firmware early,its possible that when the rest of the firmware is up to date on it
that it could be close to pro category.I guess only time will tell.
It seems unless I am making it up that the SSD being fixed & non removable is not overly popular in the cine version.
I am considering the non cine version maybe sometime next year.I want to give them time to work all of the bugs out of it first.
In other words let the product mature.Kinda also have my eye on the Autel evo lite+,I like some of the specs on the camera.
I currently have a DJI Mavic air 2 which has been working great.But the Autel lite+ has a 1" sensor,with variable aperture
which caught my eye.Have to see what the new year brings.
Have A great day.
I'd agree with you... the Lite+ series has an strong interest.
One area I find confusing with DJI is their use of camera & sw with no aperture adjustment on a platform intended to be cinematic primarily.

That's a major feature that has drawn me to the Autel line.. The EVO 2 Dual, EVO 2 Enterprise both have a 8K with adjustable aperture within their "Dual Thermo / RGB" payloads. Compared to both the M2ED and the newer M2EAdv... they use a fixed RGB. That destroyed my desire to purchase a M2EAdv and gained interest in the EVO2 Dual, later the EVO2 Ent.

On the same issue... the Lite+ offers a 1" with adjustable aperture compared to the M2AS.
That's a vital difference in my opinion.

I'd agree with you... the Lite+ series has an strong interest.
One area I find confusing with DJI is their use of camera & sw with no aperture adjustment on a platform intended to be cinematic primarily.

That's a major feature that has drawn me to the Autel line.. The EVO 2 Dual, EVO 2 Enterprise both have a 8K with adjustable aperture within their "Dual Thermo / RGB" payloads. Compared to both the M2ED and the newer M2EAdv... they use a fixed RGB. That destroyed my desire to purchase a M2EAdv and gained interest in the EVO2 Dual, later the EVO2 Ent.

On the same issue... the Lite+ offers a 1" with adjustable aperture compared to the M2AS.
That's a vital difference in my opinion.
It will be real interesting to see how the Lite+ and even the nano+ works out when the reviews start coming in.
Remote ID starting in 2023 really does bother me,and it will be interesting also to see where the sub 250gram
mini drones go as far as technology.I suppose when remote ID is implemented ,as long as we do not do anything
crazy there is nothing really to worry about.So because of this even the nano+ has a little bigger sensor than my
mavic air 2.interesting times.
Have a great day.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain