Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel service is a ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgeau

Reaction score
My experience with this service is the worst I have ever had. DJI performs much better this is why I will ditch Autel forever.
I send my drone with (2 ) 6K cameras which both of them need the flex cable replaced nothing else wrong with them no bends no scratches One of them was powering up and initializing but was going in the limp mode because has only 3 wires severed the other one was powering up but has many cables severed and it was not initializing.
They received my drone and cameras and after they look at them they told me the cameras can not be fixed and wanted $759 for one gimbal. I was thinking was a mistake and I ask them if this price is for both and they told me it was only for one. I fix drones for almost 10 years and nothing can not be fixed if you have the parts.
Because I can't find anywhere those flex cables I give them a try. Now was not only that they told me the upper and bottom covers of the drone needed to be replaced and will cost me $55 per cover so $110 plus $65 Labor. What a ripoff. My drone is in like new condition and never crashed the cameras were bought used from eBay and I try to fix them they were not on my drone when they get damaged. They just make stuff up to charge me more. I told them to pack my drone and cameras and send them back. I found new cameras for $669 what is the reason to give them $745? The technicians there are so lazy they don't repair anything they just replace components. Anyway Autel you lost me forever. I will sell anything Autel I have and don't want to hear anything about this shady company. DJI is outstanding compared with these guys. So guys be careful when you send your drones to these people and be vigilant because they try to rip you off as much as they can.
Autel invoice.png

Reactions: kyokushinkai
One difference I can think of is that while you appear to have ample experience performing repairs, if your fix doesn't hold up, you fix again. Autel's response typically fixes and restores it to a condition they can warranty. Hard to gauge what parts were really needed though. Autel appears to charge (my guess) 30 minutes of labor and the rest were cost of the replacement parts. Still, it does appear a bit on the steep side. My WAG is that their cost for a gimbal would be more like $300. Have no clue what labor is involved it replacing the ribbon swap

Dear Ajay,

Thank you for contacting our Autel Robotics Support Team! We have received your request and your ticket #253641 has been opened.

A support representative will review your request and be contacting you soon!

Our support team is currently experiencing a higher than average rate of support requests. This may result in a longer than typical response time.

We are working diligently to provide support to each ticket request as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Sincerely,
Autel Robotics Support Team

The question is, how much time we need to give Autel Customers Service knowing they are fooled and betrayed us.
A. 3 Months
B. 6 Months
C. 9 Months
D A year
or
E. A year and a half ?

Not once have they said " Do not worry about your warranty as we will extend it with a " Smile " and a apology for unforgivable customers support and customers should not be forced to pay for

any repair caused by Autel's stupidity and incompetence !

Firmware uploads that does not verify the host hardware before any software installation.

What a Mess they created, and now a cover-up !
You decide.

**--** In the mean time I have migrated to DJI's Flagship Air 2 S, a little " Beast "
Quality, sharpness and clarity is second best after Autel's Flagship EVO 2 Pro 6K.

While flying we the drone pilot are wearing 20 different hats and when the battery warning came up " RTH " it gave me ample time to hit cancel RTH.
I was calm and no cause for panic.
* * With Autel it would suddenly shoot to wards the trees, I could not catch the very short warning notice !

You gambled by buying used damaged goods off eBay. And you blame shift to Autel. Nice try, troll

Reactions: Sjs
Hey, you're correct...I didn't notice that earlier. thanks

You gambled by buying used damaged goods off eBay. And you blame shift to Autel. Nice try, troll
It doesn't matter where I buy the cameras could be my own camera smart (Mod Removed)The thing is they do not repair things they just swap components. Why do you call it a repair center when you don't know how to fix (Mod Removed Language)Yes, I troll them because they try to rip me off by adding unnecessary parts to be changed when my drone was in like new condition.
How much could a flex cable cost $50? and $129 for the labor? that will be a fair price but not $759. because they are lazy and who knows if they know something about repairing things, they decided to just charge for replacing stuff. I troll them because after I refuse to pay what they want, they decided to punish me and I wait for 1-month to receive the drone back.
If you are one of them I understand you try to cover their (Mod Removed)but that doesn't mean they are good. The service is trash no matter what you say. I will trash them whenever I have a chance and I don't care about your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Georgeau all your doing is ranting. I’m sorry but by our guidelines you should be complaining to Autel not here.
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This community is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

So sorry but this is over.

CLOSED​

Reactions: rcee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottD