Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Master Airscrews Prop Quality

So if you have a balancer, and find them to be out of balance, I suppose you start shaving or sanding some of it off, and where do you start, on the tip end?

In my case I am going to remove all of the over mold first then test balance again. Whichever side is heavier you can do one of two things, light sanding of the full blade surface (as to not change aerodynamic properties) or add some to the light side, like simple scotch tape I would assume on the non-forced air side of the blade (back of the blade).

Well good thing Agustine posted that video as i was typing...guess tape is out of the question...why sand the underside where all of the air friction is happening, that doesn't make sense to me. This isn't an airplane where the air over the wing creates lift, it's the opposite here...i would think sand to tops of the props to affect air push less.

Most of my props from the yuneec UAV's I fly I found the hub to be out more then the blades. I also found the hubs the hardest to balance. Maybe I'm just to old to be balanced LOL

OK, finished cleaning them up and balancing them. Used some 800 and 1000 grit sandpaper...did the trick perfectly. They now look great, in my eyes, phone pics I am not so great at but hope you see the difference now:

props1.jpg props2.jpg props3.jpg props4.jpg

T
Most of my props from the yuneec UAV's I fly I found the hub to be out more then the blades. I also found the hubs the hardest to balance. Maybe I'm just to old to be balanced LOL
The *amount* of tape, and the position on the *length* of the blade, balance the *blade*. The position of the tape between the *leading edge* and the *trailing edge* of the blade, balance the *hub*.

T

The *amount* of tape, and the position on the *length* of the blade, balance the *blade*. The position of the tape between the *leading edge* and the *trailing edge* of the blade, balance the *hub*.
Stopped using using tape a long time ago. It comes off and you have to rebalance all over again.

I've never even tried balancing blades, so I assume if you have a problem with one or more being out of balance,you can tell by the way it hovers? Unstable, moving around, etc?

It would really have to be out by a lot before you will notice anything with the X-Sar. First place you might see it is in your videos with what they call jello.

Oh, OK. Just watched a video of extreme jello effect, not with a drone however..... pretty horrible. The gimbal counteracts most of that I assume?

Saw a youtube video of a guy using one of these between two drinking glasses. Anyone here tried one?
Oops, just noticed.... that's not going to work on most of our props, has to go all the way through. Would work on the Master Airscrews though.

PB.JPG

Yup thats the rod you will need for the stock props.
The fellow only did half of the balancing. He left out how to balance the hub.

Haven't been able to try them yet ONE, my XSP is on its way back from WA state after having a motor replaced...should be here early next week with Fedex due to the storm backlog of shipments.

Yeah, sucked for me but at least they found an exact cause for the issue. I bluntly asked the tech since they reported a "2212blackCW" motor being replaced for $17 and change if they are indeed the readily available 2212 motors that can be found everywhere online...same motor as the Phantom 2 BTW.

The problem is there are a lot of 2212 motors but they all have different KV values. Which one is the Autel motor. LOL

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg