Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Master Airscrews Prop Quality

So I got my replacements from Master Airscrews...same as last ones...lots of over mold on the edges and those tabs on the ends. Just not the quality I want to see, they look rushed and not finished. The OEM blades are pristine on the edges and at the center, no extra material. I'm going to look for another manufacturer of blades if there are any out there. I am going to take the time to clean them up and make sure they are balanced, since I have the time till my XSP cones back...lol.

I ordered some the other day & they arrived looking very good. No over mold at all. Need to find my balancer before I use them. Will give my opinion.

In my eyes yes OBD, I am a bit of a QA stickler when it comes to customer products having worked for retail corporations for many years. So to me they just plain stink at the finished product on these props. I'll take some pics of the new ones tomorrow when I get home next to the old ones.

Just to be sure, I wasn't saying you were crazy, just the situation with the props:D. As crazy as I am, I could call no one crazy....well except for that crazy North Korean leader, what's his name.

Just to be sure, I wasn't saying you were crazy, just the situation with the props:D. As crazy as I am, I could call no one crazy....well except for that crazy North Korean leader, what's his name.

LOL...totally understood what you meant...my wife says I am crazy some days, like when I get deliveries of large packages with new toys in them.

R the little nuts to hold the propeller on suppose to stay in the propeller? Mine r so loose, they will never stay in them, so do I keep them in the bag & have to install them every time I want to fly? That sucks

Hi Rad
The little nuts fit into the Hex slot on the prop. If you do not want to have them in a bag then some people have crazy glued them in place. I do not find it inconvenient and just leave them in a zip bag. I been flying birds for a long time before self tightening props so it is not a big deal for me.

Thanks. I was thinking about glueing them in place, a little annoying, just one more small think that could get lost & than the props r useless.

They come off? I never knew!
Edit:
Oh sorry, I was thinking something different.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my "replacement" props, not great pics, had to use my phone, but you can see the over mold left on them...just challenging for me to comprehend a company that specializes in props can't clean them up properly. I am going to try and clean them up properly since I have a balancer.

20170906_202127.jpg 20170906_202140.jpg 20170906_202152.jpg 20170906_202204.jpg 20170906_202241.jpg

Both of the "R" props are balanced, the non-R props are both unbalanced.

I reload ammunition and I understand the need for precision, but now I have to worry about the props I buy and I have to fix them to fly?!! I wanted a backup set so I bought a "performance" set (four is what a set is Autel BTW, not two) from a well known company in Carolina. Not saying they were bad quality, because they weren't, but in gps I could not hover on station. I've now learned enough about drones to realize that the obvious is not always the problem, but it doth make me wonder sometimes.

I have been into RC aircraft for a lot of years. Started out with my dad in the early 60's with a blank plane tied to a string harness. It has always been the pilot\user making sure his props are the best they can be. This is why they make prop balancers. Consumer level products are intended to move the product. Nothing more, nothing less. Most products meet the minimum level necessary to fit the targeted demographic. Once they achieve that level nothing further is required from the business perspective. What they provide works as well as it needs to in order to make their products useful. Could they be better? Absolutely, but they would have to increase the price to a level some demographic study indicated would be higher than people would be willing to pay.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles