Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Master Airscrews Prop Quality

intrepidusa

Reaction score
Morning everyone,

So I ordered a set of Master Airscrews props for my XSP...price was reasonable so why not try something with good reviews online. Well how disappointed I am now having received these props. I think all of their QA people must have quit...these things are horrific quality. Looks like they injection mold them and just send them out straight from the mold. No trimming, balancing, or any kind of clean up. There is over mold everywhere on these things and here is no way they are balancing them after production as it states on their web site. Take a look at these pics and let me know from those that have also tried them if theirs were this badly produced. I am tempted to go buy a balancer just to see how bad they are...I think I can get one for around $25 if not mistaken.
IMG_0442.JPG IMG_0443.JPG IMG_0444.JPG

Holy cow, my two sets are not like that. Each prop is balanced perfectly. Send them back as that is not right. Email them the pictures also.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I hadn't checked email yet this morning, I messaged them as soon as I could take those pics last night...here's what they said.

IMG_0445.PNG

I would never put those on a piece of gear costing even $300 let alone close to a grand.

Well you could clean them up with a little sandpaper but why should you have to. Hope your second set are better. I was going to suggest letting me email them since I did the review for them and let them know how disappointed I was to see those props.

Do you have a prop balancer by chance? I would like to see if they are balanced. I just looked at my second set and there is a slight tap on the ends but they do not look like yours.

I don't have one but was really considering ordering one anyway...can always check a prop should I see something not right with flight or should something happen to any of the props, like an inadvertent bump into the blades. I could also make a quick pseudo balancer that would tell me if they are grossly unbalanced but not finely. Any particular model you suggest for me to search for?

DRUBRO TRU-SPIN PROP BALANCER

Screen_Shot_2015-03-07_at_6.47.41_PM_1024x1024.png

I just ran my second set through the Du Bro and even with a slight tab they were perfectly balanced. One might have been off a tad but not enough to worry about it. Most of my ends look like this.

DSC_0001.jpg

Thanks Agustine, I just ordered the Prop Balancer. I will post more pics when the replacement set arrives. Your props look nothing like mine do...I am going to take the ends off once I have the balancer...I really dont like the looks of the tabs on the ends and the excess over mold material on the edges.

I guess I have about ten flights with the Master Airscrew props on. I do find them snappier when taking off. I am starting to find in windy conditions they don't seem to hold as well as stock props. Might be firmware related so I still need more testing on that one. The one thing I have noticed is I can not seem to go as fast as with stock props. Kind of makes sense as the pitch on the props is way different. So they have more bite out of the hole but suffers on the top end by speed. In Atti mode I could get 42 MPH with old props and these new props I am lucky to get 36-37 MPH. Not a big deal unless you like going fast :)

I guess I have about ten flights with the Master Airscrew props on. I do find them snappier when taking off. I am starting to find in windy conditions they don't seem to hold as well as stock props. Might be firmware related so I still need more testing on that one. The one thing I have noticed is I can not seem to go as fast as with stock props. Kind of makes sense as the pitch on the props is way different. So they have more bite out of the hole but suffers on the top end by speed. In Atti mode I could get 42 MPH with old props and these new props I am lucky to get 36-37 MPH. Not a big deal unless you like going fast :)
Do they look pretty much like Phantom props, or something different?

Do they look pretty much like Phantom props, or something different?
No they are way different in the pitch of the props. If you put standard props on a table next to these you can see the difference right away. Might be hard to tell from my picture but its the best I can do.

20170728_113731.jpg

Well...I JUST now got the notification of shipping from Master Airscrews of the replacement props, guess they put them through QA which took a little longer? My attempt at some humor since I don't have the drone to put them on...lol.

Reactions: Squirrel!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials