Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Luminar 4

I actually enjoyed the original more, but that's just me.

Photography is more of a art these days with all the programs to turn them upside down. The art you like I might not like. We all cannot be the same.
I read this someplace: "photographer is the person who decides, everyone else is just a critic with their own opinion"

;)

Lol I'm not sure if I was just told to ... off or not. ??

What I like about the original are the colors of the fall seeping out of the wintered landscape. That is lost with the Luminar's sky.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
If you’re careful, you can make the replacement sky look more realistic than the original. The masking is absolutely perfect, better than I could do manually! What amazing SW!

The original is the one looking into the sun...3AD5DFEF-EF75-49C0-92DA-1FB62E4F8554.jpeg

I have noticed when opening a folder with photos I want to edit the program can be very slow to respond, because of this I just edit one photo at a time. One Beta tester on Youtube put out a video yesterday about some of the issues. He said even the higher end computers have problems processing some photos. Mostly DNG files.
Have any of you guys noticed this? I expect this from my computer as I know it is not up to todays standards.
He did mention the company is aware of this and they said to expect a large update in Jan. or Feb. to address this.

Yes. My 2018 Mac Mini doesn’t have great graphics support, (I might add it later) but it has great 6-core cpu performance, a fast SSD, and 32gb of memory. Photoshop & video editors perform pretty well even with huge files.

Luminar 4 doesn’t—it’s pretty slow overall. I have noticed folders full of images slow to open. I haven’t noticed one file type to be noticeably slower, but I have gotten used to working one file at a time. They tend to be big (100-300gb PS files), but if I just do them one at a time, it’s OK....

I just realized today that Luminar 4 renders reflections on water amazingly well. Add a complex sky to a water scene, the reflection accurately changes with it...

I just realized today that Luminar 4 renders reflections on water amazingly well. Add a complex sky to a water scene, the reflection accurately changes with it...

Sometimes LOL
I have had to use layers one time to get the desired affect. Basically adding a new image layer and flipping it. Worked pretty well after watching a tutorial on how its done.
This guy has one out, not someone I can watch for to long but he does get you going in the right direction.

I haven't noticed any lag whatsoever but I haven't used it a whole lot either. Wish I could get out more :(
You guys are getting into things that I haven't even noticed on there. I see a lot of tutorials on youtube for 4 so I'll have to check some out and try some.

I haven't noticed any lag whatsoever but I haven't used it a whole lot either. Wish I could get out more :(
You guys are getting into things that I haven't even noticed on there. I see a lot of tutorials on youtube for 4 so I'll have to check some out and try some.
Look up Jim Nix on Youtube. I think he is up to Ep10 on tutorials. Very basic tutorials but he seems to be the only one going from one option to the other and trying to explain what they do. There are others and some actually better at what they do but are all over the place depending on how they feel that day LOL

Yea, it’s amazing how they bury some important selections, like sky replacement. Heck, I’d give that a flashing button w/o any menu chosen at al, LOL

Look up Jim Nix on Youtube. I think he is up to Ep10 on tutorials. Very basic tutorials but he seems to be the only one going from one option to the other and trying to explain what they do. There are others and some actually better at what they do but are all over the place depending on how they feel that day LOL
Saved that channel. All over the place? Try to learn how to play guitar on youtube!!! hahaha

I won't be using it for a while. Looks like I will be moving back to Cali Jan 1st. Too much work to do.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58