Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Luminar Flex

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I have used Luminar software in the past and found most of it really sucks but this new one has some really nice features. For those looking for something other then Adobe this might be just what you are looking for or if you love Adobe this can be used as a plugin to make Adobe even better.

When I started reading this, I thought the last thing I need is another Photoshop plug-in.... Well, damn, maybe I do. It’s got some nice features I don’t have!

Ya like I was saying I have tried all of Skylum's software and found them to be useless and could do better in lightroom or photoshop. I then tried this and was pretty happy with some of the features. Not all but some really cuts down on editing a photo.
The one big bug it has and is in all of the Luminar software is it will lock up on you if you are trying to export a very hi-res photo. Many complaints about this and I have experienced it to the point I have to reboot my computer.
Hopefully down the road they get that worked out. Now that Adobe is pricing themselves out of the amateur market this might fill in some gaps as you can use it as a stand alone program also.

Interesting video on Adobes ever increasing price. :)

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I’ll have to check it out — I’ve got so many 3rd market plug-in filters, but I find I only use a few of them. This could be a useful one. Yea, Adobe is a love/hate relationship for sure. I’ve been using PS since version 1, watching an old Mac spin for 2 min to crop a picture. It’s hard to switch to another program, I’ve tried. When the CC subscription model came around, I balked, using PS6 waaaay past it’s expiration date by using SW to block Adobe snooping. These days, with some expert help, I found a way to do the same thing with the 2018 version — it’s disconnected from Adobe Cloud. While I don’t recommend it for everyone, the subscription model is a rip-off IMO. PS is now the only Adobe SW I use, I found alternatives for everything else...

I watched the entire 20 min video. I totally agree with him. I’ve paid Adobe so much money over the years, I finally said enough. There is a way on a Mac to use PS 2018 CC disconnected from Creative Cloud. This was my last resort before moving to Pixelmator 3.8 Phoenix. It’s good SW getting better all the time. It’s Mac only, but they are stealing Adobe customers like mad. I called a friend who has the stand-alone Luminar Flex App. He loves it, but said it can freeze a Mac or PC exporting big files!! How can such a huge bug make it into the release version? Incredible...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles