Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Low noise prop installation

Fishhead3

Reaction score
Hi

There is a lot of comment on this site about the low noise props but not much about installation except for a but about doing a compass calibration. Nothing on the Autel site. What is the official advice? Does anyone know? Some people claim to have had no problems, others the reverse.

I'm with @DaveMH there's nothing to it. They are color coded and directional so no real way to make a mistake. Mine are great, I observed no change in flight characteristics, and they do make a difference in dB levels while flying. I did not perform any kind of calibration afterwards...changing the props has nothing to do with the IMU, compass, or gimbal.

Hardest part of installation was nibbling out the precut packing foam block with a snap knife so that Evo II was a slip-fit with the low-noise props installed. (And truth be told, even this was easy.)
Another issue, but not one most will be so concerned with, is that the original style props are a little tighter at the hinges and therefore easier to confirm balance on a prop balancer. Low-noise ones are slightly floppier. None of the 8 new prop blade sets I could test, however, required any balancing. Though there is the slightest detectable (consistent, repeatable) hub balance bias. All the prop hubs--both versions-- are molded the same. Autel may or may not have zeroed this out in the matching QR motor hub design. Doesn't matter since there's no vibration issues when spun up in flight.) I'm Keeping the originals as spares-- all six of them. I like the Low-Noise ones better

Last edited:
It is possible to install them incorrectly. Take heed of the ones with the white circle on the hub and install them on the corresponding white circle motor hub. That's not different between versions, just something to always be especially mindful of... And through all the calibrations and set up you'll wisely be removing and reinstalling them quite often until it's routine. Correctly installed they click and lock, incorrectly they dont. Disregard this advice at peril of a ground loop

Thanks for the advice all. The reason I asked is that there are some posts on this forum suggesting that the installation processs is not simple as suggested by some and that re calibration of the drone was necessary. I figured its better to check than risk some of weird flying behaviour experienced by a couple of posters

Hardest part of installation was nibbling out the precut packing foam block with a snap knife so that Evo II was a slip-fit with the low-noise props installed. (And truth be told, even this was easy.)
Another issue, but not one most will be so concerned with, is that the original style props are a little tighter at the hinges and therefore easier to confirm balance on a prop balancer. Low-noise ones are slightly floppier. None of the 8 new prop blade sets I could test, however, required any balancing. Though there is the slightest detectable (consistent, repeatable) hub balance bias. All the prop hubs--both versions-- are molded the same. Autel may or may not have zeroed this out in the matching QR motor hub design. Doesn't matter since there's no vibration issues when spun up in flight.) I'm Keeping the originals as spares-- all six of them. I like the Low-Noise ones better
Can I ask you which Prop balancer you are using. I'm finding it hard to get one with a small enough shaft for the Evo props.

Can I ask you which Prop balancer you are using. I'm finding it hard to get one with a small enough shaft for the Evo props.
DuBro Tru-Spin. I dusted down the end of the shaft carefully with it chucked in an electric drill, using a fine wheel bit in a Dremel Moto Tool. Light slip fit, don't use the cones. There were links to bulk shafts from Amazon someone put up, but the reviews indicated they weren't necessarily center-ground/zero run-out... That's not gonna work

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN