Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Not sold on the low noise props. They lose altitude and are louder in many instances.

Rattlebars

Reaction score
Not sold on the low noise props. They lose altitude and are louder in many instances. The pitch (sound) is higher but to me not quieter. I have been flying missions created for keeping track of builds in a project. I can hear the higher pitch props from farther away when it comes home. Yes, when it comes closer on descent the old props with the lower pitch are a bit louder, but not enough to make a difference.

The biggest difference is the loss of altitude when flying full tilt forward. It's ALARMING! Enough that I took them off and will keep them for a backup set. Did not like them at all. Won't buy another set.

Again, all other conditions being equal flying the same mission I don't find them quiet at all. Give me feedback the loss of altitude forward fast. I almost dumped her in the lake!

Last edited:
Not sold on the low noise props. They lose altitude and are louder in many instances. The pitch (sound) is higher but to me not quieter. I have been flying missions created for keeping track of builds in a project. I can hear the higher pitch props from farther away when it comes home. Yes, when it comes closer on descent the old props with the lower pitch are a bit louder, but not enough to make a difference.

The biggest difference is the loss of altitude when flying full tilt forward. It's ALARMING! Enough that I took them off and will keep them for a backup set. Did not like them at all. Won't buy another set.

Again, all other conditions being equal flying the same mission I don't find them quiet at all. Give me feedback the loss of altitude forward fast. I almost dumped her in the lake!

Maybe you got a bad set....are you sure they are genuine Autel parts? I have the low noise props and they are great. A lower audible pitch, quieter flight, and definitely no loss in altitude during forward flight. I did see another thread on here where someone got a bad set. I also still hit 45mph pretty easily and still get 33min of battery life during forward flight when there is no wind which is my unofficial way to see if I loss any flight performance with the new props.

No way would anyone buy them if we were all experiencing what you are experiencing.

Reactions: Anzacjack

Just curious... what in the linked video, is showing what your post is referring to?

^rb is on a "mission" these days. I have to say I'm pretty happy with missions overall, too. the more I use it, the happier. also with the low-noise after testing them out back to back with my own eyes and ears. so where does one buy the original props (new) these days?

No issues with them here, though I never had the old ones to compare. But my E2P I would say is definitely noticeably quieter than other drones I've had.

Have had good experience with the low noise props, however am curious and try a performance test between regular and low noise to see if can tell any difference.

Maybe you got a bad set....are you sure they are genuine Autel parts? I have the low noise props and they are great. A lower audible pitch, quieter flight, and definitely no loss in altitude during forward flight. I did see another thread on here where someone got a bad set. I also still hit 45mph pretty easily and still get 33min of battery life during forward flight when there is no wind which is my unofficial way to see if I loss any flight performance with the new props.

No way would anyone buy them if we were all experiencing what you are experiencing.
Genuine. The audible pitch is higher. The stock ones sound like a truck. I will try to get a screen capture of the altitude phenomenon I experienced.

Genuine. The audible pitch is higher. The stock ones sound like a truck. I will try to get a screen capture of the altitude phenomenon I experienced.

Maybe it is a firmware issue, are you running the latest firmware? It is possible that the ESC's have to be tuned to support the low noise props.

Maybe it is a firmware issue, are you running the latest firmware? It is possible that the ESC's have to be tuned to support the low noise props.
Similar to the low noise props on DJI, should not have to change any sw settings, its not like you are carrying a payload and need to make an adjustment.

With the low noise props they are tuned to reduce the drag and subsequent noise coming off of their tips. If you have ever had a cracked, dent, dinged, or damaged prop tip or leading edge you will hear more, and different noise. If you look at the low noise props for DJI, Autel and others, their tips are raked which helps to reduce drag and noise (e.g. less weed wacker, buzz saw sound).

As to performance difference, have not see any yet, will test when get a chance.

Similar to the low noise props on DJI, should not have to change any sw settings, its not like you are carrying a payload and need to make an adjustment.

With the low noise props they are tuned to reduce the drag and subsequent noise coming off of their tips. If you have ever had a cracked, dent, dinged, or damaged prop tip or leading edge you will hear more, and different noise. If you look at the low noise props for DJI, Autel and others, their tips are raked which helps to reduce drag and noise (e.g. less weed wacker, buzz saw sound).

As to performance difference, have not see any yet, will test when get a chance.

I agree and am quite familiar with how the props work...but the OP is having an issue that was not occurring prior to installing the low noise props so it never hurts to check to see if the latest firmware is installed. Still sounds like a possibility that it was a bad set but its still entirely possible that its a SW/FW issue.

For me, verifying the SW/FW version is part of my troubleshooting checklist regardless of if it seems logical to do so. I've had some surprising things fixed over the years when there appeared to be no direct correlation between SW/FW versions and the problem I was having so it never hurts to consider it.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy