Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost Evo 2, Perhaps wrong coordinates shown at crash?

SantaRosaPossum

Reaction score
Hello fellow Evo fans. I had an incident last week where I was flying my drone and facing some unexpected headwinds and degraded performance in the return home. The bird went down within view of my house (I could see my house in the last image) -- Just 300 meters from Launch point. It crashed in a lot that is abandoned, but full of large trees. I have searched and searched this lot and the sidewalk where the drone says it was last reported at an altitude of 0. I know that if the bird truly was there, it would have been discovered, as ambitious family members have climbed the trees, etc...

What I am wondering is perhaps the GPS was "off" and there is some offset that I can calculate to find the actual crash location? Is there anyone (here, or autel, who would be willing to help with this? I used a screenshot of the explorer's shown last GPS coordinate, as well as the data on Airdata.com to determine the location for search. I was on the scene within 6 minutes, and there was noone around, and very little traffic, so I don't think anyone grabbed it.

In case anyone can help given some information, I'm. going to upload what I have here... the logs from Airdata, a few images.. Would love to hear any ideas from those who have lost drones and not found them at the site where they "indicated" they went down, but found them somewhere else.

Thanks !!

Graham

(The flight is separated into a few logs, but these are all the same flight.)

Attachments

• airdata_kml.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 2
  • autel_logs.zip
    215.9 KB · Views: 7
  • AutelEvo2-last-flight.png
    AutelEvo2-last-flight.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • last_coordinate_on_controller_in_google_maps.png
    last_coordinate_on_controller_in_google_maps.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
Since you have airdata, have you played back the mission and see if you get a better location?

E.g. from airdata -> select flight -> General -> Notifications -> HD Flight Player

Good luck

Reactions: Fox Fader
Im a practical person. Grab a pair of binoculars and go search on top of the trees on highest branches. Its in there.
I have lost a small one as I saw it landing in a tree.
I barely could see it from 20 ft with binoculars. It was black and it looked like a branch

Do you have a second drone, or know someone who does that can assist? Thats a pretty dense collection of buildings and being able to check from above to ensure it's not wedged on a roof somewhere could be useful. The orange should show up easily on a drone's camera if it's actually lodged somewhere out of view from the ground. The last coordinate being over the street (best I can tell on my phone) has me wondering if it landed across the street on a structure.

Can you post the last frame you received from the drone?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy