Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

lost my drone due to RF interference

inbar

Reaction score
Yesterday I have lost the evo max 4t .
This happened during the flight due to radio interference in the area I was flying.
In addition, there were GPS jams and the drone "located itself" in a wrong location .
The situation now is that I don't know where the drone is!!!

My question is:
From the moment the drone loses contact with the remote, does it land on place or does it try to fly home?
What happens if "home" is 4091 km away from his location, does he fly until his battery runs out?

thanks in advace

inbar

The controller disconnect failsafe is return to launch site and land. But that of course requires a valid GPS position. If you lose controller and have no GPS position, I'm not positive but I believe it will just auto land at its current position. But remember without a GPS position, it will drift with the wind while doing so.

Reactions: inbar
Yesterday I have lost the evo max 4t .
This happened during the flight due to radio interference in the area I was flying.
In addition, there were GPS jams and the drone "located itself" in a wrong location .
The situation now is that I don't know where the drone is!!!

My question is:
From the moment the drone loses contact with the remote, does it land on place or does it try to fly home?
What happens if "home" is 4091 km away from his location, does he fly until his battery runs out?

thanks in advace

inbar
Have you checked the flight log stored on your RC? It may help you locate your drone. Assuming you set a new home point when taking off, it may have tried to return to that point. Depends on which option you chose when the drone loses it’s connection with the RC.

Most magnetic Interference that hammers the compass , takes place at the take off area.
Curious as to how and where you took off ?

Most likely the drone just drifted until the battery ran out and it landed, best you may be able to do
is sort out how it happened.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Evo 2 in the Rain.

Thanks guys for your answers.
The drone was planed to go back home when disconnect.
The issue is that due to GPs interference in my area "home" is 4000 km from the drone.

Reactions: phantomrain.org
Where did you take off from , the drive way, the grass, the top of bench ?
These are the key factors that can really effect the drone before take off >

Phantomrain.org

Sorry you lost your Max 4 T
as well. I had my Max 4 T flyaway on November 11th.
It didn't return home !
I have followed all the instructions Autel Support asked of me and am waiting for the review process to be completed.
Did you get any message saying gnss spoofing?
I did 1 minute into flight, and from that moment.i had no control and watched it fly away never to be seen again. I tried the return to home with no response.
Let's hope we get a fair resolution!
As for now I'm holding back my warning until my patience runs out in getting a replacement for a malfunctioning craft.

I have documented every detail of my experience and autel support correspondence to give an accurate experience to share with others who may unfortunately have a malfunctioning Max 4 t like ours.

Stay positive! And take notes

Last edited:
Reactions: Takashira and inbar
When you are not confident about the GPS reception in an urban area it's best to not send the drone more than 1 kilometer away.
Also when the RC signal is not strong fly backwards to the homepoint until signal gets better.
You may lose the connection to the drone if you turn around the drone while the signal is weak.

Reactions: Takashira
The Evo Max 4T is advertised as having a non-GPS return to home feature. That is one of the reason I bought mine. It appears that either this feature doesn’t work or hasn’t yet been enabled by a firmware update.

Thats what I was thinking , concrete sidewalks can be a disaster as the rebar in the concrete can cause the Magnetic interference .
When deciding between the Concrete and grass, always choose the grass .

On the DJI drones you will sometimes get a Warning of Magnetic interference or Recalibration , not sure what the message is for the Evo 2.

You metion Radio Interferece , but Magnetic Interference would make more sense for such a fly away.

Phatomrain.org

Reactions: Ezone23
I'm sorry to the two of you here who have mentioned about losing your Evo Max 4T. That's horrifying. I hope Autel properly resolves the issue of your lost drone and/or that you somehow are able to recover what is left of your craft for a cheaper replacement. Losing my aircraft is definitely my worst fear while flying.

Reactions: Ezone23
To those of you who have lost your drone, did you have your frequency selection set to Auto or to a specific band?

In the current firmware you have four choices to choose from when selecting the "Transmission" icon. I know this because I have the Autel Enterprise app and an Autel EVO Max 4T.

I am not familiar with the Max4T. Is there any way to obtain the coordinates of where the sUAS thought home was? If you can get them, you would have an idea of a line to follow for a possible search. This would really be a long shot, but if I lost a $9K sUAS I would go all out grasping at the slightest straw.

I am not familiar with the Max4T. Is there any way to obtain the coordinates of where the sUAS thought home was? If you can get them, you would have an idea of a line to follow for a possible search. This would really be a long shot, but if I lost a $9K sUAS I would go all out grasping at the slightest straw.

Your right! I put out on next door a reward for its recovery even to contact me, if there is any damages caused by its final destination. Which wasn't heading in the direction of my last flight. I will put a tracker on my next one!
Insurance will definately give more peace of mind!

Reactions: Takashira

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo