Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Last update apparently killed the app for my tablet?

When my Autel Explorer app updated to Android version 1.1.8.3 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A ( 10.5) the app stopped working. The app no longer launches when the tablet is connected to the remote control. When the app is launched manually, an error message comes up saying “Autel Explorer app keeps stopping.” Previous versions of the Autel Explorer app have worked on this tablet for the last year-and-a-half since I purchased my Evo 2 Pro. The tablet is running Android 10 and I've never had any difficulties with the app or connecting with the remote control or aircraft before. I was fortunate to find the Android Autel Explorer app version 1.1.8.0 from a link on the Autel Pilots website and this version runs on my tablet without any issues. I confirmed the issue with version 1.1.8 3 not working on another Samsung Galaxy Tab A as well. The second tablet also runs version 1.1.8.0 without difficulty or issues but crashes with version 1.1.8.3. I also installed the new version (1.1 8.3) on a borrowed older Samsung Galaxy 7 phone which is running Android 9 and the app ran fine. At least I can continue to fly using my Tab A with the older app version 1.1.8.0 for now but I would like to be able to do updates in the future without the app crashing. I'm emailing this information to Autel Support hoping that they can correct the issue in a future app update.

Reactions: Wilkz
When my Autel Explorer app updated to Android version 1.1.8.3 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A ( 10.5) the app stopped working. The app no longer launches when the tablet is connected to the remote control. When the app is launched manually, an error message comes up saying “Autel Explorer app keeps stopping.” Previous versions of the Autel Explorer app have worked on this tablet for the last year-and-a-half since I purchased my Evo 2 Pro. The tablet is running Android 10 and I've never had any difficulties with the app or connecting with the remote control or aircraft before. I was fortunate to find the Android Autel Explorer app version 1.1.8.0 from a link on the Autel Pilots website and this version runs on my tablet without any issues. I confirmed the issue with version 1.1.8 3 not working on another Samsung Galaxy Tab A as well. The second tablet also runs version 1.1.8.0 without difficulty or issues but crashes with version 1.1.8.3. I also installed the new version (1.1 8.3) on a borrowed older Samsung Galaxy 7 phone which is running Android 9 and the app ran fine. At least I can continue to fly using my Tab A with the older app version 1.1.8.0 for now but I would like to be able to do updates in the future without the app crashing. I'm emailing this information to Autel Support hoping that they can correct the issue in a future app update.
Sounds familiar. As I said above, Autel knew about the issue but didn't have any fixes for it. Apparently, Google identified a problem with the app for "some tablets" I sold the Samsung and bought an IPAD. I use it for jobs and couldn't afford to play with it any longer. Sorry to hear you have the problem, but maybe this will help validate the info I gave Autel. I liked the tablet fine and it ran great except for that one app.

I had the same issue with the current Play Store app v.1.1.8.3. I was fortunate to find the Android Autel Explorer app version 1.1.8.0 from a link on the Autel Pilots website and this version runs on my tablet without any issues. Download, install and you should be flyin'. See my Apr 1st post below for more info.

I'd like to thank you for your post as i had the same problems with my Shield K1 tablet i just purchased only for my Evo2. I downloaded the older version V1.1.8.0 (193) and it's working fine now.. Cheers 🍻

Some tablets, perhaps, but my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 runs better under v1.1.83 than it did under 1.1.80. What version Android are you using, and how much RAM is installed for those experiencing problems?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58