Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1: NOT recommended

Len

Reaction score
Since Autel Explorer doesn't natively supports iPad screen resolution (Why Autel, why?) I got myself Galaxy Tab A 10.1" 4 months ago. At first I was happy with it, but gradually I stated to dislike it more and more. I know I praised it few times on these forums, so that's the main reason for my post. Just stay away form it. Biggest issue is screen brightness and clarity. It's just bad, really bad. As I fly my Evo II Pro mostly for video and pictures, I noticed that most of the times I don't see well on Tab screen at all. And not just in bright sunlight (yes I've used shade) but with any daylight, it's horrible. Turning up brightness to max (outdoor mode) doesn't help much either.
Then there's issue with crashing. Now that might not be tablet's fault, but 1 in 5 times I'm using the app with drone, image freezes despite perfect signal (I could be standing next to the drone). Killing and restarting app helps sometimes, rebooting tablet helps every time. But imagine flying drone and having have to reboot tablet several time while it's in the air is unnerving to say the least :)
Then there's slowness. Lately it's becoming more and more laggy in general use. I don't install many apps on it, so I don't know why it' slowed down so much. Again I have to reboot frequently or kill background processes all the time.
It got the the point that I'd rather fly EVO II with my iPhone 10 than this tablet. So I no longer recommend Galaxy Tab A. I'm selling mine and ordering Galaxy Tab S5e. It has much brighter (and OLED too) screen and also thinner and lighter, hopefully it will work ok with Autel Explorer app...

Reactions: Wilkz and drrags
I installed on my phone anti-reflection cover and it really helps. Now can fly in sunny day without shades. Cover was something cheap generic from ebay. There are many of them, you can find the right size. Recommend. :| It's visible under direct sunlight, but for best results try to keep the screen in shadow, your own if there is nothing else ;) For "accumulated' slownes reboot may help.

Reactions: Len
I installed on my phone anti-reflection cover and it really helps. Now can fly in sunny day without shades. Cover was something cheap generic from ebay. There are many of them, you can find the right size. Recommend. :| It's visible under direct sunlight, but for best results try to keep the screen in shadow, your own if there is nothing else ;) For "accumulated' slownes reboot may help.
Thanks, that's interesting idea. I had 0 experience with anti-reflection screens, will try it on my new tablet (which just arrived)

I have tried the Tab A and Tab E...but unreliable. I upgraded to a Tab S6 and so far so good. But still always start with reboot-force close all uav apps....even the Autel app, before connecting to the rc.
Yeah it's a good idea to reboot tablet before flying! So far I tried my S5e and I'm loving the screen, lightyears better than Tab A.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58