Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Last update apparently killed the app for my tablet?

robport

Reaction score
I showed up on the job site two days ago and the Explorer app, wouldn't work. It immediately shut down when I tried to open it. I had used it the afternoon before, for a real estate shoot, and without incident. I can't find anything wrong, I've deleted the app and reloaded it a bunch of times now and rebooted the tablet many times, I now am getting the warning that the app may not be optimized for my device. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T510 with 32 gigs of ram. Software is up to date. Any ideas?

I showed up on the job site two days ago and the Explorer app, wouldn't work. It immediately shut down when I tried to open it. I had used it the afternoon before, for a real estate shoot, and without incident. I can't find anything wrong, I've deleted the app and reloaded it a bunch of times now and rebooted the tablet many times, I now am getting the warning that the app may not be optimized for my device. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T510 with 32 gigs of ram. Software is up to date. Any ideas?
Did your Samsung received an update? Some problems are identified after updates of Android...
Try to uninstall app and delete the folder Autel manually, than purge the cache.

Just did that twice. Still getting "This app may not be optimized for your device" Never got that before.

I just tried my enterprise after the update and it keeps disconnecting from the Autel Explote Apps. I have try my tablet, cellphone and I also switched cables but still disconnecting from the App.
I’ll try with my Smart controller later on.

Mr. Ken Booth just told me that I need to update twice : 1 with the SC and 1 with standard controller. I just successfully updated with the standard controller. So, I'll try this afternoon.

Your tablet has 2GB of RAM, not 32GB which is the SSD size. It seems likely that your device's memory is completely filled up. Try deleting unused programs, killing any unneeded processes that are running in background, and clearing the cache. Hope this helps

had 1.8 gb cleared and it still wouldn't start. This worked fine the evening before it didn't.

I have tried my enterprise with the standard controller with my cellphone and iPad, have switched cables but still disconnecting.. I don’t know what to do.

I cleaned a little less this time, but here is what it reported.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220305-032414_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220305-032414_Device care.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 14
I just tried my cable connection and I had 2 bad cables, actually I was glad that I had a 3rd cable to try and it works fine. Problem solved !

This post sort of morphed away from my problem, which I'm still having, into a cable one. Every other drone app, from DJI GO 4 to Litchi, to Pix4D to Dronedeploy, work fine...just the Autel Explorer doesn't. I went in and manually forced close every other app on the device, so it wouldn't interfere, but the app will not even open on the screen without being connected to the controller.

Robport, I just bought this drone (Evo 2 Pro 6K V2) on Tuesday night and had it by Friday night but can't event get the standard controller to link to the aircraft using the Explore app on iPhone 11 Pro Max (connected with USB-A to lightning using a standard apple .5m cord after finding that this $2500 Rugged Bundle doesn't include a microUSB to lightning cord!). I can't get past the step 3 of the connection guide "Connection Wizard" on the explore app. There's a red message on the phone/app saying "Remote control and the aircraft are disconnected", and the display on the standard RC just continues to say "CONNECTING" as the bars on the bottom left try to connect to the drone but stay white and don't turn green. When I first opened the app, it prompted the 2.2.25 upgrade and seemed to load successfully, but the remote and aircraft would never connect. I've tried deleting the app and rerunning the firmware update, but now I keep getting a message "Aircraft battery level is too low, make sure the battery level is 25% or greater" even though the aircraft battery is fully charged (I've cycled three batteries trying this over and over!). Ive tried re-pairing the controller to the drone, I've tried reformatting the MicroSD card (to multiple formats including the MSDOS FAT and even tried some MacOS formats) and downloading the firmware update directly on the card's root directory. Nothing seems to work and Customer Service is closed all weekend, so this is a horrible first time user experience for me unlike any other drone I've ever owned as I basically have put $2700+ into a fancy orange nonflying brick at this point! Hopefully someone can help us!

Robport, I just bought this drone (Evo 2 Pro 6K V2) on Tuesday night and had it by Friday night but can't event get the standard controller to link to the aircraft using the Explore app on iPhone 11 Pro Max (connected with USB-A to lightning using a standard apple .5m cord after finding that this $2500 Rugged Bundle doesn't include a microUSB to lightning cord!). I can't get past the step 3 of the connection guide "Connection Wizard" on the explore app. There's a red message on the phone/app saying "Remote control and the aircraft are disconnected", and the display on the standard RC just continues to say "CONNECTING" as the bars on the bottom left try to connect to the drone but stay white and don't turn green. When I first opened the app, it prompted the 2.2.25 upgrade and seemed to load successfully, but the remote and aircraft would never connect. I've tried deleting the app and rerunning the firmware update, but now I keep getting a message "Aircraft battery level is too low, make sure the battery level is 25% or greater" even though the aircraft battery is fully charged (I've cycled three batteries trying this over and over!). Ive tried re-pairing the controller to the drone, I've tried reformatting the MicroSD card (to multiple formats including the MSDOS FAT and even tried some MacOS formats) and downloading the firmware update directly on the card's root directory. Nothing seems to work and Customer Service is closed all weekend, so this is a horrible first time user experience for me unlike any other drone I've ever owned as I basically have put $2700+ into a fancy orange nonflying brick at this point! Hopefully someone can help us!
When I bought mine, the controller was already bound to the aircraft. If you have access to another device (phone or tablet, Apple or Android) try it first. Your problem is much more serious. My problem is simply that the app stopped working on one device. I can still use my Android phone or even in a pinch, use the controller screen, but can't see it as well or hit those little buttons with precision.

This is where I am currently with Autel Support:
Our update for the Explorer application had to be sent to Google for review. The application was initially denied because of permission settings and which devices can access the program.
So after the latest update, pilots using DJI Crystal Sky tablet can suddenly not run our program because of the tech restrictions. I have one other customer I'm working with who is reporting similar issues on their Tab A. We're continuing to track this issue and report back to the development engineers.
I can't count how many times I've had to reinstall the application for bugs or crashes. Unfortunately this is our best recommendation at this time until we can replicate and report and resolve the code on our end.

Please reply directly to this email with any additional questions, happy to help!"

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials