Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can't change from picture to video mode on Evo 1

resq3129

Reaction score
I just got a replacement EVO 1 from Autel after my original had a flyaway and crashed. They sent me a Drone and controller, Now after everything is paired up I can't change from picture mode to video mode. I deleted the Autel app and reinstalled it. It worked until I shut everything down, when I powered everything back up it went right back not giving me the option again. I am using a Sanmsung Galaxy Tablet A. I also noticed that I can not change the picture settings like Mode, Exposure, ISO, etc. All these features worked fine with original EVO 1. I have also tried to connect to my phone and it does the same thing, Any ideas of how to remedy this?

Attachments

• 20210815_224233.jpg
    20210815_224233.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
I just got a replacement EVO 1 from Autel after my original had a flyaway and crashed. They sent me a Drone and controller, Now after everything is paired up I can't change from picture mode to video mode. I deleted the Autel app and reinstalled it. It worked until I shut everything down, when I powered everything back up it went right back not giving me the option again. I am using a Sanmsung Galaxy Tablet A. I also noticed that I can not change the picture settings like Mode, Exposure, ISO, etc. All these features worked fine with original EVO 1. I have also tried to connect to my phone and it does the same thing, Any ideas of how to remedy this?
I would install the older explorer app that was designed for the Evo 1. Here you can find the older version, the latest older version for Evo 1 1.0.1.45

IMO the older\original explorer app works much better than what they came out with later which works with both Evo 1 and 2.

As said before you can use Explorer V 1.0.1.45 for the Evo 1 but you may lose the display of the Google map which no longer works on the Evo 1.
But you can use Explorer V 1.1.3 or 1.1.3.9 (Evo 1 + 2) which works perfectly on the Evo 1, you will find the Google maps and all the functions of the Evo 1. Do not try to go further in the common versions Evo1 / Evo2, a lot of functions are degraded.

Check your SD Card to be sure it is not almost full , you maybe don't have enough storage for a video
You might have only enough room for a few photos

OK. U found a work around. LOL. It appears if I hold down the record button on the remote for 1-2 seconds and wait for it to start recording I can stop the recording and all the stuff appears on the App and works. Weird but it seems to work. I can then toggle back and forth from Photos to Videos normally and change the settings. Hope this helps anyone else how encounters this issue.

I'm trying to revert back to the 1.1.3.9 version of the explorer app? The link from Dropbox is dead.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials