Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

1st Connection of Controller to Cellphone

Shastaski

Reaction score
Just received my Evo 2 Pro and the controller will not connect to my phone. I have attempted many things to get it working. I have a Samsung Note10+ running Android 12. The same phone works with both my DJI Spark and my Mavic 2 Pro with USB Debugging Mode established so the DJI Go 4 App just opens when the phone is plugged in. Here is what I have tried at this point:

1. The drone does connect to the controller but will not activate because the Explorer App will not connect to the controller
  2. Tested the Autel-provided cable with my DJI Drones and it works
  3. Tried connecting my Samsung Galaxy Tab A with its own cable and it does not work, (Works with DJI)
  4. Tried connecting my iPad V9 to its own cable and it does not work (Works with DJI)
  5. Tried going back and installing an older version of the Explorer App and it does not work.
Tech Support at Autel allowed me to stay on the phone twice for over 20 minutes before asking me to leave a message and it has been 3 hours waiting for a callback. DJI is not much better on support which is really sad considering how much we pay for these things.

Any ideas?

Updates:

7.12.22 I have updated the Firmware to the latest V2.3.23 via the SD card and the phone at least chimes now when the controller is plugged in but it never connects. I have submitted a Support Ticket to Autel because the Telephone Number just keeps dropping me to voicemail after waiting for 20 minutes or so (happened 4 times!). I did not think it was possible to have worse support than DJI, but I think these guys have taken the number 1 spot.

7.12.22 Deleted all the other flight apps including Autel Explorer from my phone, did a cold boot, reinstalled Autel Explorer, and still did not work. I am running out of ideas short of returning the thing.

7.13.22 Autel Support has contacted me via email to gather basic information. Still never got a call back from them.

7.14.22 Autel Support seems to think the USB Module might be bad so I have returned the drone as I don't have the time to chase it down anymore, especially with potentially using this drone in my business.

Last edited:
I had two cases with Dual when original cable was bad and we had to use USB-A on controller to solve this.
ps: I see you tried everything

Attachments

• controller_powered_external.png
    controller_powered_external.png
    1 MB · Views: 7
Have you tried the USB-A port on the Standard Controller with a known good USB-A to USB-C cable attached to the Note 10+?

Reactions: Shastaski
Have you tried the USB-A port on the Standard Controller with a known good USB-A to USB-C cable attached to the Note 10+?
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! Yes, I tried everything including the USB-A Port. I did speak with Customer Support in Washington State who is aware there is an issue. They were going down the cable replacement route, with my situation, they will look at the USB Module on the controller. Who knows though. I am truly disappointed, but I just packaged it all back up to return. Fly safe!

following. It seems we have several similar cases today. But we can't return drones. Or it's too hard.. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Shastaski
Have you tried connecting in both orientations? My Autel usb-c only connects when it's on one side (normally usb-c is symmetrical i think). Maybe it's just my android phone.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials