Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just unboxed an X star Premium, Batteries won't charge..

Just resuscitated 3 of my batteries by giving them a "jump" start charge with my hobby charger. They were so low, had to start with 6v, then 8v for about 15 seconds each and then that was enough for the OEM charger to see the battery and charge it up.
I'll check the cell balance when I get them in the aircraft and fingers crossed when I take them up for a test flight.
My own fault for leaving them sit unused for 18+ months.

Reactions: Ansia and Tufargon
How did you do the jump start? Direct into charging slots, taking battery apart? Can you show an example.
Thank you.

I just revived two of my batteries that would not charge after sitting for one year. I cut two jumper wires and plugged them directly into the Positive and Negative slots on the battery, then attached my battery charger clips to the jumper wires till I got a light on the battery. Disconnected the charger and attached the original charger and viola, batteries are taking a charge.

I just revived two of my batteries that would not charge after sitting for one year. I cut two jumper wires and plugged them directly into the Positive and Negative slots on the battery, then attached my battery charger clips to the jumper wires till I got a light on the battery. Disconnected the charger and attached the original charger and viola, batteries are taking a charge.
Good job, congratulations.

When trying to jump start battery with 12v what amperage should I set. Sorry if this is a stupid question. But I just purchased a variable power supply. thank you
I use a small brick walwart style charger that is fixed 12v @ 250mah. works well but will take a bit longer. I monitor the voltage in the pack using a digital meter while this is going on. It appears the distribution circuit is looking for a base voltage rather than amperage to recognize the battery. The next step will be to try and replace cells.........

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottD