Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-star premium batteries

I'm in West Virginia USA If you're overseas, it may not be worth it to ship.

I may have missed something, but is it possible that Autel stopped making batteries due to the FAA's requirement that all Drones now have to have built-in trackers? Maybe the FAA pressured Autel and others to stop making batteries for this reason? If so, I would think that Autel would just come out and explain what happened, so that instead of us being pissed at Autel, we'd be pissed at the FAA, where's there's nothing we could do about it.

Reactions: Electric Bill
I may have missed something, but is it possible that Autel stopped making batteries due to the FAA's requirement that all Drones now have to have built-in trackers? Maybe the FAA pressured Autel and others to stop making batteries for this reason? If so, I would think that Autel would just come out and explain what happened, so that instead of us being pissed at Autel, we'd be pissed at the FAA, where's there's nothing we could do about it.
They stop making the drone. so when stock runs out, so does the drone

Reactions: Electric Bill
They stop making the drone. so when stock runs out, so does the drone
Yes, but I think what "wvsky" is implying is, that the FAA may not want any of these non-tracked drones in the airspace at all. Making them not operable by eliminating the purchase of batteries is the one item that occasionally needs replacement. Stopping production of the drone will eventually slow down its existence in the airspace but will be a very long time if we all can get replacement parts to keep them flying!
On the other note, I haven't heard or kept up on the current FAA rules, but I would think that the X-STAR drone is fairly traceable/trackable with it's GPS and flight logging to an Autel website. If there was a need for the FAA to do an investigation and locate the owner of the aircraft.

It appears that last post here was about a year ago, so I guess people just gave up. I too purchased 3 X Star Premiums and now I have 2 boat anchors. (I lost one in the river). I paid THREE GRAND for those Drones, and now I have basically nothing but some parts and some chargers. I have 3 batteries left of which one might hold a charge for maybe 12 minutes. I'm with you guys: This is no way to run a business, especially after Autel started out as one of the best when it came to service.
Any chance you got the one out of the river? I just crashed mine tonight and I need some non electric parts from the gimble

If people are listening here’s what we should do is become clear that Autel no longer supports the x-star premium because they will not build batteries for it anymore or anybody else hasn’t picked up building aftermarket batteries with this marketing technique companies are forcing you to buy their new drones well what I propose is we did this back in the 70s I own a Rockwall commander aircraft and they also made defective aircraft, the FAA grounded the fleet because of these airworthiness directive is called AD’s The Rockwell commander owners all got together , “they didn’t have social media back then it took a lot longer” created a commander alliance lawsuit against Rockwell Commander and won in court ! Rockwell commander had to repair 400 airplanes at $20,000 a pop free of charge all you had to do was comply within the five-year time limit ! So essentially you took your plane to designated repair facilities free of charge they fix it somewhat like automotive recalls! You have two options here either to create the XStar premium alliance or everybody get together and bash Autel so bad on social media not to buy any of their drones because who knows two years down the road won’t even support the evo one nonetheless the Evo two ! I don’t like an orange pumpkin paperweight sitting around got tons of batteries and they’re all useless and I bought several new and they had like five charges on them there’s something wrong with this company and I know you guys may be fans of them but I have several drones as I run an aerial fly in business and we have aircraft drones and lots of DJi’s we have other companies we’ve tested we used to test them for different companies and I gotta tell you Alltel is the bottom of the my list ! ! This company‘s culture of not supporting their product after four years of production and there’s tons of them out there and wasted batteries all over the place just laying around it’s a shame it’s time for us users to stand up and take a stand against those terrible business practices. Anybody in their right mind wouldn’t buy any Autel products!! don’t be fooled that they promise They’ll support them and they have great support they don’t just cause they discontinue a product doesn’t mean that you can’t get batteries for it. something got to happen
! the bottom line is Autel sold a defective product with the batteries and it won’t go good for it. Don’t let them walk away saying they have no liability for this .

If people are listening here’s what we should do is become clear that Autel no longer supports the x-star premium because they will not build batteries for it anymore or anybody else hasn’t picked up building aftermarket batteries with this marketing technique companies are forcing you to buy their new drones well what I propose is we did this back in the 70s I own a Rockwall commander aircraft and they also made defective aircraft, the FAA grounded the fleet because of these airworthiness directive is called AD’s The Rockwell commander owners all got together , “they didn’t have social media back then it took a lot longer” created a commander alliance lawsuit against Rockwell Commander and won in court ! Rockwell commander had to repair 400 airplanes at $20,000 a pop free of charge all you had to do was comply within the five-year time limit ! So essentially you took your plane to designated repair facilities free of charge they fix it somewhat like automotive recalls! You have two options here either to create the XStar premium alliance or everybody get together and bash Autel so bad on social media not to buy any of their drones because who knows two years down the road won’t even support the evo one nonetheless the Evo two ! I don’t like an orange pumpkin paperweight sitting around got tons of batteries and they’re all useless and I bought several new and they had like five charges on them there’s something wrong with this company and I know you guys may be fans of them but I have several drones as I run an aerial fly in business and we have aircraft drones and lots of DJi’s we have other companies we’ve tested we used to test them for different companies and I gotta tell you Alltel is the bottom of the my list ! ! This company‘s culture of not supporting their product after four years of production and there’s tons of them out there and wasted batteries all over the place just laying around it’s a shame it’s time for us users to stand up and take a stand against those terrible business practices. Anybody in their right mind wouldn’t buy any Autel products!! don’t be fooled that they promise They’ll support them and they have great support they don’t just cause they discontinue a product doesn’t mean that you can’t get batteries for it. something got to happen
! the bottom line is Autel sold a defective product with the batteries and it won’t go good for it. Don’t let them walk away saying they have no liability for this .
I agree 100%! Manufactors should be held reliable for there products! If a alliance is formed I would like to be a part of Sir. My email address is [email protected] please send me any info in forming a alliance. Thanks & God Bless

Autel this situation sucks balls. I would not trust Autel Robotics either they have made no outreach to address this. They won't invest in thier legacy customers, so we should we consider returning the favor. If they can't source the lipo cells, then why not release the battery specs and code (as in open source) or release a battery box WITH "DUMB" BMS of some sort so we install a smaller GENERIC BATTERY.

Last edited:
I agree 👍. Consumer's invested a great deal of money in these drones and they completely abandoned the whole project at the drop of a hat. They even removed the app from the play store.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d