Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-star premium batteries

does anyone have info on the BMS for the Lipo, I was able to use a 12vdc charger and apply directly to the lipo in series got the battery up to 9vdc but the BMS holds at one green led and does not move also when the charger is applied its seems its shut down not sure why unless the software shuts down the charger,,, I believe the batteries are good just need to get charge and the BMS is bad some one mention RESET on MB anyone comment on that

I'm afraid people have moved on and let Autel get away with this. I filed some complaints with my state consumer affairs and it didn't accomplish anything. I'll be watching this thread to see if it picks up any steam but I doubt it will. A lot of people are defending Autel saying to just move on.
Where can I find a battery charger for my X Star

does anyone have info on the BMS for the Lipo, I was able to use a 12vdc charger and apply directly to the lipo in series got the battery up to 9vdc but the BMS holds at one green led and does not move also when the charger is applied its seems its shut down not sure why unless the software shuts down the charger,,, I believe the batteries are good just need to get charge and the BMS is bad some one mention RESET on MB anyone comment on that
Hold down the power button for 10 seconds or so to get the LEDs to cycle and reset the battery. The reset on the mother board is the RST to ground

I have 3 XSP batteries and my XSP itself started acting up, so I got the EVO 2 Pro. The XSP disconnects from video at right around 1 minute, even sitting on my work bench. I've cleaned and re-cleaned contacts, so I suspect it is something else. Also, it began flying in a very erratic way. It's 5 years old and I wanted a new one anyway.

So, I have spare props, the drone, the controller and 3 batteries. 2 batteries are 2 years old and 1 is almost 3 years old.
They all show "Battery Life 100%". 1 has been charged 18 times, 1 has been charged 21 times, and 1 has been charged 15 times.

If anyone is interested, let me know.
might be depends on $$

If people are listening here’s what we should do is become clear that Autel no longer supports the x-star premium because they will not build batteries for it anymore or anybody else hasn’t picked up building aftermarket batteries with this marketing technique companies are forcing you to buy their new drones well what I propose is we did this back in the 70s I own a Rockwall commander aircraft and they also made defective aircraft, the FAA grounded the fleet because of these airworthiness directive is called AD’s The Rockwell commander owners all got together , “they didn’t have social media back then it took a lot longer” created a commander alliance lawsuit against Rockwell Commander and won in court ! Rockwell commander had to repair 400 airplanes at $20,000 a pop free of charge all you had to do was comply within the five-year time limit ! So essentially you took your plane to designated repair facilities free of charge they fix it somewhat like automotive recalls! You have two options here either to create the XStar premium alliance or everybody get together and bash Autel so bad on social media not to buy any of their drones because who knows two years down the road won’t even support the evo one nonetheless the Evo two ! I don’t like an orange pumpkin paperweight sitting around got tons of batteries and they’re all useless and I bought several new and they had like five charges on them there’s something wrong with this company and I know you guys may be fans of them but I have several drones as I run an aerial fly in business and we have aircraft drones and lots of DJi’s we have other companies we’ve tested we used to test them for different companies and I gotta tell you Alltel is the bottom of the my list ! ! This company‘s culture of not supporting their product after four years of production and there’s tons of them out there and wasted batteries all over the place just laying around it’s a shame it’s time for us users to stand up and take a stand against those terrible business practices. Anybody in their right mind wouldn’t buy any Autel products!! don’t be fooled that they promise They’ll support them and they have great support they don’t just cause they discontinue a product doesn’t mean that you can’t get batteries for it. something got to happen
! the bottom line is Autel sold a defective product with the batteries and it won’t go good for it. Don’t let them walk away saying they have no liability for this .
Exactly. I have made a pledge not to purchase any Autel products at all because of poor EOL planning and execution. I will fly my EVO I til it crashes and burns and I'm done.

What I’m saying is Move on from Autel completely ! Nobody in their right mind would buy another product from them if somethings four years old and it’s already antiquated they just don’t support it done ! Under laying problems they had issues with the battery they never said anything they quietly just let it go away because they had a bunch of problems with the manufacturing process right from the gecko I started having problems with brand new batteries , not engineered right and I worked in engineering for 40 years ! If nobody’s going to jump on the bandwagon to go after Autel ? if you had enough people to go after them like they did with the commander lawsuit force the company to repair that’s one option less likely to happen the other one is get on the soapbox and start telling everybody not to buy their product that’s what I’m doing I already convinced a few of my friends that have the Autel Evo I got to try to find batteries for the xstar premium and they came back and said they couldn’t find any I said exactly and in two years you won’t be able to find batteries for your Evo first generation they will do that just to force people to upgrade nope don’t buy from them I have several DJI drones you still can get batteries for them and there’s aftermarket ones being made grant you they’re not perfect either but at least you can get parts for them at least for the time being the whole drone thing in general seems not to have the hype it did back three years ago I still do aerial photography that we use conventional aircraft.
bottom line for at least me and some of my friends boycott them I would never buy another product from them and I will post this every place I can let my single voice be heard it’s a shame companies operate like this but they should be sued the bastards !
I agree with you. I am stuck with a x star with 3 dead batteries and one on its way out, can’t buy any for a perfectly working drone. Now I have the first version of the EVO. Bought it in 2020, new, here it is in 2022, the drone is no longer supported by Autel. This is so wrong. I have the DJI phantom 1,2,3, and the first Mavic pro. Can still get parts for them , and, service from support if I need help over the phone with any of them.

Autel need to step up and make their wrong right. I will never by another Autel product.

I have 3 XSP batteries and my XSP itself started acting up, so I got the EVO 2 Pro. The XSP disconnects from video at right around 1 minute, even sitting on my work bench. I've cleaned and re-cleaned contacts, so I suspect it is something else. Also, it began flying in a very erratic way. It's 5 years old and I wanted a new one anyway.

So, I have spare props, the drone, the controller and 3 batteries. 2 batteries are 2 years old and 1 is almost 3 years old.
They all show "Battery Life 100%". 1 has been charged 18 times, 1 has been charged 21 times, and 1 has been charged 15 times.

i would be interested [email protected]

Has anyone looked at which battery protection IC chip is used on the motherboard? There are quite a few resources out there to reactivate the IC's on DJI batteries once they are locked out due to under-voltage condition. Maybe the same can be done for this pack.

They did tell me I could get 10% off a new evo. No thanks. I have two X-Stars with I good battery left. Never buy another Autel anything!!!!!
They left me hanging on a nice flying machine, 4 batteries with no life, an X-Star Premium that is useless. I plan on purchasing a mini drone to get back in the sky, they have lost my future business due to poor customer support. If they did it once, they will do it again after they get your money.

Reactions: KunBow
They left me hanging on a nice flying machine, 4 batteries with no life, an X-Star Premium that is useless. I plan on purchasing a mini drone to get back in the sky, they have lost my future business due to poor customer support. If they did it once, they will do it again after they get your money.
I hear you but to be fair they all do it.. DJI stopped producing batteries for the Mavic Air as well and they were still selling new-old stock in early 2020.. so time is limited with the batteries I have but I am strict about charging every 3 months if its not used to keep the batteries healthy. At work I have had Mavic Pro batteries that were toast because someone forgot to charge them for 6 months. The battery control chip will lock-out the charging function if the pack drops below a set voltage. There are advanced tools to reset the BMS chip after reviving the pack voltage though.

Interested in you stuff for sale email me at [email protected] thanks Robert

Hello I’m interested in getting a battery for my x-star premium please email me at [email protected] or call me 7603388094

It appears that last post here was about a year ago, so I guess people just gave up. I too purchased 3 X Star Premiums and now I have 2 boat anchors. (I lost one in the river). I paid THREE GRAND for those Drones, and now I have basically nothing but some parts and some chargers. I have 3 batteries left of which one might hold a charge for maybe 12 minutes. I'm with you guys: This is no way to run a business, especially after Autel started out as one of the best when it came to service.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy