Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-star premium batteries

skypixs

Reaction score
If people are listening here’s what we should do is become clear that Autel no longer supports the x-star premium because they will not build batteries for it anymore or anybody else hasn’t picked up building aftermarket batteries with this marketing technique companies are forcing you to buy their new drones well what I propose is we did this back in the 70s I own a Rockwall commander aircraft and they also made defective aircraft, the FAA grounded the fleet because of these airworthiness directive is called AD’s The Rockwell commander owners all got together , “they didn’t have social media back then it took a lot longer” created a commander alliance lawsuit against Rockwell Commander and won in court ! Rockwell commander had to repair 400 airplanes at $20,000 a pop free of charge all you had to do was comply within the five-year time limit ! So essentially you took your plane to designated repair facilities free of charge they fix it somewhat like automotive recalls! You have two options here either to create the XStar premium alliance or everybody get together and bash Autel so bad on social media not to buy any of their drones because who knows two years down the road won’t even support the evo one nonetheless the Evo two ! I don’t like an orange pumpkin paperweight sitting around got tons of batteries and they’re all useless and I bought several new and they had like five charges on them there’s something wrong with this company and I know you guys may be fans of them but I have several drones as I run an aerial fly in business and we have aircraft drones and lots of DJi’s we have other companies we’ve tested we used to test them for different companies and I gotta tell you Alltel is the bottom of the my list ! ! This company‘s culture of not supporting their product after four years of production and there’s tons of them out there and wasted batteries all over the place just laying around it’s a shame it’s time for us users to stand up and take a stand against those terrible business practices. Anybody in their right mind wouldn’t buy any Autel products!! don’t be fooled that they promise They’ll support them and they have great support they don’t just cause they discontinue a product doesn’t mean that you can’t get batteries for it. something got to happen
! the bottom line is Autel sold a defective product with the batteries and it won’t go good for it. Don’t let them walk away saying they have no liability for this .

If people are listening here’s what we should do is become clear that Autel no longer supports the x-star premium because they will not build batteries for it anymore or anybody else hasn’t picked up building aftermarket batteries with this marketing technique companies are forcing you to buy their new drones well, what I propose we did this back in the 70s . I own a Rockwall commander aircraft and they also made defective aircraft, the FAA grounded the fleet because of these airworthiness directive is called AD’s The Rockwell commander owners all got together , “they didn’t have social media back then it took a lot longer” created a commander alliance lawsuit against Rockwell Commander and won in court ! Rockwell commander had to repair 400 airplanes at $20,000 a pop free of charge all you had to do was comply within the five-year time limit ! So essentially you took your plane to designated repair facilities free of charge they fix it somewhat like automotive recalls! You have two options here either to create the XStar premium alliance or everybody get together and bash Autel so bad on social media not to buy any of their drones because who knows two years down the road won't even support the evo one nonetheless the Evo two ! I don’t like an orange pumpkin paperweight sitting around got tons of batteries and they’re all useless ! I bought several new and they had like five charges on them there’s something wrong with this company ? I know you guys may be fans of them. I have several drones as I run an aerial photography business we have aircraft , drones six DJi’s we have other companies drones , we’ve tested them for different companies and I gotta tell you Alltel is the bottom of the my list ! ! This company‘s culture of not supporting their product after four years of production and there’s tons of them out there and wasted batteries all over the place just laying around it’s a shame it’s time for us users to stand up and take a stand against this company and their terrible business practices. Anybody in their right mind wouldn’t buy any Autel products!! don’t be fooled that they promise They’ll support them and they have great support they don’t just cause they discontinue a product doesn’t mean that you can’t get batteries for it. something got to happen
! the bottom line is Autel sold a defective product with the batteries and it won’t go good for it. Don’t let them walk away saying they have no liability for this .
I might add to this as well, what i propose they find an alternative method of replacing the batteries or buy back the defective product or give you a trade-in allowance towards a new product that’s fair market value like $400 per drone and $30 per defective battery.

Last edited:
I'm afraid people have moved on and let Autel get away with this. I filed some complaints with my state consumer affairs and it didn't accomplish anything. I'll be watching this thread to see if it picks up any steam but I doubt it will. A lot of people are defending Autel saying to just move on.

• Sad
Reactions: Squerly and KunBow
I'm afraid people have moved on and let Autel get away with this. I filed some complaints with my state consumer affairs and it didn't accomplish anything. I'll be watching this thread to see if it picks up any steam but I doubt it will. A lot of people are defending Autel saying to just move on.
What I’m saying is Move on from Autel completely ! Nobody in their right mind would buy another product from them if somethings four years old and it’s already antiquated they just don’t support it done ! Under laying problems they had issues with the battery they never said anything they quietly just let it go away because they had a bunch of problems with the manufacturing process right from the gecko I started having problems with brand new batteries , not engineered right and I worked in engineering for 40 years ! If nobody’s going to jump on the bandwagon to go after Autel ? if you had enough people to go after them like they did with the commander lawsuit force the company to repair that’s one option less likely to happen the other one is get on the soapbox and start telling everybody not to buy their product that’s what I’m doing I already convinced a few of my friends that have the Autel Evo I got to try to find batteries for the xstar premium and they came back and said they couldn’t find any I said exactly and in two years you won’t be able to find batteries for your Evo first generation they will do that just to force people to upgrade nope don’t buy from them I have several DJI drones you still can get batteries for them and there’s aftermarket ones being made grant you they’re not perfect either but at least you can get parts for them at least for the time being the whole drone thing in general seems not to have the hype it did back three years ago I still do aerial photography that we use conventional aircraft.
bottom line for at least me and some of my friends boycott them I would never buy another product from them and I will post this every place I can let my single voice be heard it’s a shame companies operate like this but they should be sued the bastards !

I agree that everyone who has owned an XStar should complain and boycott Autel future drones. You could still buy these in 2018 brand new and possibly later than that and shortly there was no more batteries. It should also be noted that the way the firmware is on the battery, it is near impossible to come up with a substitute that will work. Even with brand new cells, you can't erase the old specs such as capacity and times charged etc.

Reactions: Auburnweedkiller
They are such a dirty company. I bought a brand new x- star in 2020 and the battery was junk when I took it out of the box. I argued with autel for 3 months trying to get a battery so I could fly my brand new out of the box 800.00 dollar drone they sold. They offered me nothing but a few dollars off of another new drone!!! WOW!!! No thanks. And you should read all they answers I got from them telling me it was my problem not theres. No thanks autel. I wish everybody would sue them for doing people so dirty and getting by with it

They used to be a good company to deal with. When I bought my first X-Star premium more than a few years back I had an issue with it, they shipped me a BRAND NEW X-Star !!!! No questions asked. Great customer service. Those days are dead and gone. Like I said before, no more Autel for me.

Sure, i still have my XSP with three batteries, but I don't think ? I would purchase another one of their drones.

They are just to hard to get parts for.

Reactions: KunBow and dman
If people are listening here’s what we should do is become clear that Autel no longer supports the x-star premium because they will not build batteries for it anymore or anybody else hasn’t picked up building aftermarket batteries with this marketing technique companies are forcing you to buy their new drones well what I propose is we did this back in the 70s I own a Rockwall commander aircraft and they also made defective aircraft, the FAA grounded the fleet because of these airworthiness directive is called AD’s The Rockwell commander owners all got together , “they didn’t have social media back then it took a lot longer” created a commander alliance lawsuit against Rockwell Commander and won in court ! Rockwell commander had to repair 400 airplanes at $20,000 a pop free of charge all you had to do was comply within the five-year time limit ! So essentially you took your plane to designated repair facilities free of charge they fix it somewhat like automotive recalls! You have two options here either to create the XStar premium alliance or everybody get together and bash Autel so bad on social media not to buy any of their drones because who knows two years down the road won’t even support the evo one nonetheless the Evo two ! I don’t like an orange pumpkin paperweight sitting around got tons of batteries and they’re all useless and I bought several new and they had like five charges on them there’s something wrong with this company and I know you guys may be fans of them but I have several drones as I run an aerial fly in business and we have aircraft drones and lots of DJi’s we have other companies we’ve tested we used to test them for different companies and I gotta tell you Alltel is the bottom of the my list ! ! This company‘s culture of not supporting their product after four years of production and there’s tons of them out there and wasted batteries all over the place just laying around it’s a shame it’s time for us users to stand up and take a stand against those terrible business practices. Anybody in their right mind wouldn’t buy any Autel products!! don’t be fooled that they promise They’ll support them and they have great support they don’t just cause they discontinue a product doesn’t mean that you can’t get batteries for it. something got to happen
I would be interested in your dead batteries. I am working on alternates. I have successfully tested two setups so far.

Attachments

• 3 Batteries.JPG
    3 Batteries.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Black Brick.JPG
    Black Brick.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Black Brick Flying.JPG
    Black Brick Flying.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 15
I'm in Brazil and I bought my x-star in 2017 in NY, I intended to buy extra batteries, but they were already discontinued. My drone is useless, because with a few hours of flight the battery presented problems. I agree to charge the company for a solution! Social media can help keep people from falling for these dirty scams!

I have recently been looking into the DJI / Autel lawsuits to try and understand that the outcome was. From what I was told Autel was ordered not to make any more items for the X-Star as to why the batteries are no longer available. If this turns out to be true then you all can thank DJI for not having any batteries available.

I have recently been looking into the DJI / Autel lawsuits to try and understand that the outcome was. From what I was told Autel was ordered not to make any more items for the X-Star as to why the batteries are no longer available. If this turns out to be true then you all can thank DJI for not having any batteries available.
I doubt this but we'll just wait and see what happens with the EVO batteries. They are already getting scarce. Autel has never had any outside support so I'm not going to blame DJI for this.

I agree with you 100% , I have 3 X Star Premiums orange paper weights. I will never buy an Autel product again and that includes diagnostic tools that I use in my Automotive shop ! D. Workman

I'm in Brazil and I bought my x-star in 2017 in NY, I intended to buy extra batteries, but they were already discontinued. My drone is useless, because with a few hours of flight the battery presented problems. I agree to charge the company for a solution! Social media can help keep people from falling for these dirty scams!
Keep your eyes on this! there are some of us trying to work on a bypass of the system.

I have 3 XSP batteries and my XSP itself started acting up, so I got the EVO 2 Pro. The XSP disconnects from video at right around 1 minute, even sitting on my work bench. I've cleaned and re-cleaned contacts, so I suspect it is something else. Also, it began flying in a very erratic way. It's 5 years old and I wanted a new one anyway.

So, I have spare props, the drone, the controller and 3 batteries. 2 batteries are 2 years old and 1 is almost 3 years old.
They all show "Battery Life 100%". 1 has been charged 18 times, 1 has been charged 21 times, and 1 has been charged 15 times.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy