Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

It looks like Autel has been added to the Entity List.

Eagle928

Reaction score

Additions to the Entity List
Five Entities in Russia and China are being added to the Entity List, restricting exports,
reexports, and transfers (in-country) involving these entities.
• Shenzhen Daotong Intelligent Aviation Technology Co., Ltd (Autel), located in China,
has been involved in the shipment of controlled items to Russia since Russia’s invasion
of Ukraine in February 2022 as well as acquiring and attempting to acquire U.S.-origin
items applicable to unmanned aerial vehicles to be used by Chinese military entities.
• Volgogradpromproyekt (VPP), located in Russia, has been involved with, contributes to,
and supports the Russian military and defense sectors and has sold a variety of chemicals
for use in the activities of companies of concern.
• Three entities located in China, are being added for procuring components, including
U.S.-origin components, that are used to develop and produce Shahed-series UAVs
which have been used by Russia in Ukraine. These companies are: Advantage Trading
Co. Limited; Duling Technology (HK) Limited; and FY International Trading.

Wonder how long before Autel is added to the legislation before Congress that's banning future sales of DJI? Doesn't Autel software have the same cloud storage capability which has somehow gotten the attention of Congress. Disclaimer: not trying to be political about this one way or the other. Just making a casual observation. Thanks

Autel is subject to the bill in Congress that also deals with DJI.

Why does it matter if Autel will be part of the DJI bill? You really think Autel is going to release anymore consumer drones? The bill targets future FCC filings, not the ones that already been approved. If you are one of those that spend 10-20 thousand on a drone for a business then yes that can ben a concern but when it comes to consumer drones, it's pretty obvious Autel is done.

Why does it matter if Autel will be part of the DJI bill? You really think Autel is going to release anymore consumer drones? The bill targets future FCC filings, not the ones that already been approved. If you are one of those that spend 10-20 thousand on a drone for a business then yes that can ben a concern but when it comes to consumer drones, it's pretty obvious Autel is done.
Yes, the CEO has said they are done with consumer level drones and are focusing on enterprise level drones only. I, for one, am bummed about that but it's their call, no matter how stupid I think it is.

On the other hand this is China we are talking about and the CCP controls all businesses to some degree or another in China. Autel might have been told to wind down their consumer drone business leaving Autel no choice. Different country, different laws, different culture, different style of government.

Keep in mind that AUTEL constructs their drones in Bothell Washington. That is also were they repair them. I'm sure there will not be any imported for a while. I have a friend that works for Autel. He assures me that my drone will be OK.

Reactions: boatdoc

Additions to the Entity List
Five Entities in Russia and China are being added to the Entity List, restricting exports,
reexports, and transfers (in-country) involving these entities.
• Shenzhen Daotong Intelligent Aviation Technology Co., Ltd (Autel), located in China,
has been involved in the shipment of controlled items to Russia since Russia’s invasion
of Ukraine in February 2022 as well as acquiring and attempting to acquire U.S.-origin
items applicable to unmanned aerial vehicles to be used by Chinese military entities.
• Volgogradpromproyekt (VPP), located in Russia, has been involved with, contributes to,
and supports the Russian military and defense sectors and has sold a variety of chemicals
for use in the activities of companies of concern.
• Three entities located in China, are being added for procuring components, including
U.S.-origin components, that are used to develop and produce Shahed-series UAVs
which have been used by Russia in Ukraine. These companies are: Advantage Trading
Co. Limited; Duling Technology (HK) Limited; and FY International Trading.
An additional reason to sell my EvoMax4t. Can’t get the spotlight for for the last 4 months…. Definitely can’t now. Glad I bought the m30t

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbu155681