Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Geo Fencing Coming To Autel In Conflict Regions

I just updated my Max 4T and Now it tells me that I can't take off because I'm in Russa! I'm flying in north Mississippi! This update had Geofencing, NOW I CAN'T FLY!
I took my drone outside to see if it would not fly as the warnings were telling me on the controller and it corrected its location and flew. Go figure?

Reactions: Eagle928
I took my drone outside to see if it would not fly as the warnings were telling me on the controller and it corrected its location and flew. Go figure?
It sounds like it just needed to get a GPS lock to correct itself. Is it sloppy programming in the firmware or just the nature of how it works? I sure don't know.

It sounds like it just needed to get a GPS lock to correct itself. Is it sloppy programming in the firmware or just the nature of how it works? I sure don't know.
I agree with you Eagle928. When I updated another battery I got the same thing, then I went outside and flew it and it corrected. I got a GPS lock inside (GNSS) but I didn't get my address location on the map until I went outside. Go figure?

I just updated my Max 4T and Now it tells me that I can't take off because I'm in Russa! I'm flying in north Mississippi! This update had Geofencing, NOW I CAN'T FLY!
I need to post this update: I took my drone outside to see if it would not fly as the warnings were telling me on the controller and it corrected its location and flew. I didn't contact Autel support because I was super busy with a project at work. I did purchase my Max 4T from eBay as an open-box unit. It arrived to me with all the factory seals still attached to the unit as if it were new. I was and still am impressed since I purchased it for about $3000.00 less than retail! I have a love/hate relationship with this craft. On the one hand, it flies fantastically. On the other hand, sloppy updates, and the report of poor customer service leaves me concerned. After all, I purchased this bird for future commercial use. I'm conflicted!

Yeah, you did, however the country mix match corrected itself when I took the controller and the aircraft outside to open skies. Now, my question to anyone is do both the controller and the aircraft have GPS?

Called it
Yes I would think it does because that is how return to home works with recording your home point. I would imagine regarding the article I posted with my reply, they updated the firmware when they opened the device then they realized the drones were grounded from then on. Can you imagine buying 2000 x 10000 dollar drones to realize they are paper weights. Our tax dollars being well used.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan