Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Irritating "low light" warning while in thermal mode

CactusJackSlade

Reaction score
So, first couple flights on the Evo 2 Duo, first flight at dusk/evening last night.

Issue: Even though I'm not on the split screen, just have the thermal image up I keep getting a pop-up "Low ambient light" warning. It pops up for a second or two, then goes away, but comes right back. No way I could find to stop it. I'm like "Duh!... I'm viewing in thermal mode, not visible light mode!"

I will try to take a screen shot next time..... anyone else out there got one yet and noticed this as well?

Well, that was not it. Turned off visual obstacle avoidance and it's still there, even in ludicrous speed mode (no visual avoidance) still flashes on the screen every 2-3 seconds - irritating to say the least.

Attachments

• LowLightWarning.jpg
    LowLightWarning.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 24
Well, that was not it. Turned off visual obstacle avoidance and it's still there, even in ludicrous speed mode (no visual avoidance) still flashes on the screen every 2-3 seconds - irritating to say the least.

Interesting. Keep us posted. We have not been seeing this. We had the EVO II Dual up for about 1.5 hours last night at a night ops training with one of our local agencies and can't say that I saw this message come up at all. OA off the whole time.

Reactions: PingSpike
Used the Dual thermal 2 days ago looking for a missing vulnerable young lady who had taken tried harming herself. worked rather well , while on the start of
the 4th battery subject was located. However the low light error was so distracting.....Hope a fix is soon . I did call 2 weeks ago on the issue *(even though I've read on here they are working on issue) was told by support to turn off obstacle avoidance. which didn't stop low light error anyway.
Hoping a resolution is soon.

Used the Dual thermal 2 days ago looking for a missing vulnerable young lady who had taken tried harming herself. worked rather well , while on the start of
the 4th battery subject was located. However the low light error was so distracting.....Hope a fix is soon . I did call 2 weeks ago on the issue *(even though I've read on here they are working on issue) was told by support to turn off obstacle avoidance. which didn't stop low light error anyway.
Did you also turn off the radar and VPS?

i did turn everything off but when changing batteries it would reset so i didnt bother, but dual did work well

Great, hope you are satisfied with yours... I returned mine and took a $500 hit. Too many issues for a $10K drone in my opinion. Camera was great (except not having radiometric readings) but the Evo 2, unfortunately to me, is a slug compared to almost any other drones I've had or built. I did not trust it's flight characteristics in close quarters. I was extremely hopeful, but quickly turned to frustration... I feel I should do a "$500 critical review" since I got dinged returning it.

I understand that, got it for the boson 640 , wish others(company's) would offer that boson as a built in component

updated the app with the new beta app for android V1.1.7.8 yesterday, like the button on main screen that disables sensors for obstacle avoidance.
waited till dark to use thermal, still get constant low-light warning while obstacle avoidance is disabled

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
updated the app with the new beta app for android V1.1.7.8 yesterday, like the button on main screen that disables sensors for obstacle avoidance.
waited till dark to use thermal, still get constant low-light warning while obstacle avoidance is disabled

Really??! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

There are just several warning boxes they throw up that all need to have a dismissed feature. There is another one about altitude restricted. At a minimum since they are working on the app they could push it to like 60 secs.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials