Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Help with VR

gasquetmike

Reaction score
I received my Evo a few days ago. I have made 3 flights. I only fly with VR goggles. Thats my passion. I have had a parrot bebop2 for a few years and love the VR on it but the quality of what you see through the goggles is probably 720p. not great. i bought the EVO hoping the video quality that you see would be better, plus 4k videos. the video quality in the goggles is very nice, i would guess 1080p. the problem is you cant turn the head tracking feature off and its impossible to keep your head still enough that the videos arent constantly jerking up and down. Unfortunately the precision mode and the gimbal pitch exp are both unavailable in VR mode.Both of these features would help some with the head tracking sensitivity. Any thoughts? Am i missing something?...any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate to think the Evo isnt going to work for me...the only other VR out there is DJI...and i really dont want to go there...

I've noticed the same thing. The gimbal pitch isn't a problem during flight, but the video is really rough. I haven't found a solution, though the cold in Wisconsin means I'm not trying too hard.

Someone mentioned using the normal Explorer app on their phone clamped into FXT Viper goggles. This is an expensive experiment for me, as I'm not sure my old eyes would focus on the screen.

Here's my pitch problem with VR mode:

I've noticed the same thing. The gimbal pitch isn't a problem during flight, but the video is really rough. I haven't found a solution, though the cold in Wisconsin means I'm not trying too hard.

Someone mentioned using the normal Explorer app on their phone clamped into FXT Viper goggles. This is an expensive experiment for me, as I'm not sure my old eyes would focus on the screen.

exactly the same for me

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the videos.How can this be resolved? Is it corrected via a firmware update? Do you think Autel would even bother?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo