Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Best Ground Speed & Elevation

cneufeld3

Reaction score
I would like to know if someone has determined an optimal ground speed and elevation when flying the EVO II. I typically keep my speed to 9 MPH, or less if it is cloudy. Do others get good results at higher speeds? I haven't seen a huge difference in image quality between 150 and 300 AGL (the GSD is larger, of course). I fly for producing orthophotos primarily, not survey data. Thanks.

I would like to know if someone has determined an optimal ground speed and elevation when flying the EVO II. I typically keep my speed to 9 MPH, or less if it is cloudy. Do others get good results at higher speeds? I haven't seen a huge difference in image quality between 150 and 300 AGL (the GSD is larger, of course). I fly for producing orthophotos primarily, not survey data. Thanks.
Faster flight speeds and lower altitudes require faster shutter speeds. As long as you have enough light to maintain a fast enough shutter speed, there shouldn't be a downside to faster flight.

Faster flight speeds and lower altitudes require faster shutter speeds. As long as you have enough light to maintain a fast enough shutter speed, there shouldn't be a downside to faster flight.
Since the EVO II 640T uses a rolling shutter, slower flight speeds are recommended to prevent distortion cause by the shutter. Experiment with height and sped to find your best combination.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan