Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hard case or stronger bag needed over Premium bundle bag?

Starfire

Reaction score
For everyone that has the Premium bundle, do you find it’s sufficient for protection? If you were to slip on a trail and put a little weight on it will the drone survive? I’m just being my usual OCD self after buying something and look making excuses for accessories maybe lol. Also wondering if Autel will offer an optional hard case for something other than the Pro II.

For everyone that has the Premium bundle, do you find it’s sufficient for protection? If you were to slip on a trail and put a little weight on it will the drone survive? I’m just being my usual OCD self after buying something and look making excuses for accessories maybe lol. Also wondering if Autel will offer an optional hard case for something other than the Pro II.

I put drone and remote in separate cases for protection, and then pack them into the backpack. Been doing this for years without any problem.
(At least I need the case for remote, as I never take off the sticks. )

My Lowepro photo hatchback BP250AWII has two compartments. the lower is well padded to keep your gears safe. Anything else on the upper compartment and water on the sides.

Due to OCD for accessories, too. just had a survey for hard case. Nanuk 915 is the right size for the bundle, they provides precut foams for DJI drone bundles, none for Autel yet.
I don't need it, just wondering what hard cases fit.

I think the 915 with a carry strap and custom foam or a Lowepro style backpack and separate carriers is in my future. I appreciate the feedback!

The case is useless to me. This is what I use--the Apache line of hard cases from Harbor Freight. This case also fits in my Tripltek 8 Pro table.
That's a good cutout for remote, no need to take off the sticks.

The case is useless to me. This is what I use--the Apache line of hard cases from Harbor Freight. This case also fits in my Tripltek 8 Pro table.

View attachment 13137View attachment 13138
Is that the 4800? I’ve watched a couple of videos on plastidip for the pick n pull foam and was thinking of getting one as an option. I’ll be using a s22 plus that I ordered and an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I hate Apple and Android equally 😂

Here you can find individual hard EVA cases for the drone and for the remote:

I've bought the ones for the Nano. I expect to receive them in a couple of weeks more or less. I've had this same model of case for the Mini 2 (same brand and style) and the quality is excellent. They are very rigid, the zipper is solid and the inner part is made with a soft lining, like velvet. I was very happy with it.

Here you can find individual hard EVA cases for the drone and for the remote:

I've bought the ones for the Nano. I expect to receive them in a couple of weeks more or less. I've had this same model of case for the Mini 2 (same brand and style) and the quality is excellent. They are very rigid, the zipper is solid and the inner part is made with a soft lining, like velvet. I was very happy with it.
Those look like a good option. What bag are you using to the carry the drone/controller and cases in? Thanks!

Edit: I also found this case on there and one slightly larger for the charging hub.
And this hard case:

Thanks again for pointing out this site!

Last edited:
Reactions: DPWolfe
Those look like a good option. What bag are you using to the carry the drone/controller and cases in? Thanks!

Edit: I also found this case on there and one slightly larger for the charging hub.
And this hard case:

Thanks again for pointing out this site!
I'm planning to use a small Puma shoulder bag that I have since several years ago. I was checking the dimensions and I think it has the required space for the cases and the batteries without being bulky. More or less the size of the shoulder bag that comes with the premium bundle, but adding the protection of the rigid cases. I don't like the way the drone is stored in the Premium bag and having to put the propeller holder everytime you use the drone.

If you want, I can post a picture of everything after the arrival of the cases.

I just placed an order for this from AliExpress but planning on one of the Harbor Freight Apache cases also. I'll do the EVA foam layer on the top etc to secure the pick and pluck. Hopefully they go on sale again but prices on everything seems to be going up so....

I'm planning to use a small Puma shoulder bag that I have since several years ago. I was checking the dimensions and I think it has the required space for the cases and the batteries without being bulky. More or less the size of the shoulder bag that comes with the premium bundle, but adding the protection of the rigid cases. I don't like the way the drone is stored in the Premium bag and having to put the propeller holder everytime you use the drone.

If you want, I can post a picture of everything after the arrival of the cases.
That would really nice of you. Thanks so much for the help!

Reactions: Persuader
Charged and fingers crossed for firmware update.

Attachments

• 7C5F7AE1-DBEA-4396-AD81-6950FC58DD15.jpeg
    7C5F7AE1-DBEA-4396-AD81-6950FC58DD15.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 2BC356A6-CF87-417E-AF66-0EBB1D1451EF.jpeg
    2BC356A6-CF87-417E-AF66-0EBB1D1451EF.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
Nice pack. The included bag may be a little better if I don’t try and throw the filters etc in. Will see how that works out. If the material allowed the drone to slide on and out easier and a 1/4” more clearance it would help a lot.

Nice pack. The included bag may be a little better if I don’t try and throw the filters etc in. Will see how that works out. If the material allowed the drone to slide on and out easier and a 1/4” more clearance it would help a lot.
yeah, first time trying to put the Lite + back in that bag I knew I was going to have to get a different case.

Reactions: Starfire
yeah, first time trying to put the Lite + back in that bag I knew I was going to have to get a different case.I just bagged mine back up and while it’s slightly easier but not throwing all the stuff that came with the drone back in, the legs and props wanting to snag is a pain. I may be gonna to Harbor Freight after work! Haha

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo