Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hard case or stronger bag needed over Premium bundle bag?

The case is useless to me. This is what I use--the Apache line of hard cases from Harbor Freight. This case also fits my Tripltek 8 Pro tablet.

View attachment 13137View attachment 13138
I think I’m going to steal your layout for the 3800 I picked up today. Didn’t have an orange on hand so I settled for the tan. I picked up these little Scotch gripping pads at Walmart after work. It should help with the case sliding around. Trimmed to fit.

Attachments

• FABBE04D-E828-4027-BD9A-7B23669D0697.jpeg
    FABBE04D-E828-4027-BD9A-7B23669D0697.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • F6E0D680-EBA4-4D29-B240-5C745FA3AF30.jpeg
    F6E0D680-EBA4-4D29-B240-5C745FA3AF30.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • F904E440-05BB-4AEC-B568-5A91AE60488D.jpeg
    F904E440-05BB-4AEC-B568-5A91AE60488D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 654FA67B-65B5-47A5-975E-45F6D15949E3.jpeg
    654FA67B-65B5-47A5-975E-45F6D15949E3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
I think I’m going to steal your layout for the 3800 I picked up today. Didn’t have an orange on hand so I settled for the tan. I picked up these little Scotch gripping pads at Walmart after work. It should help with the case sliding around. Trimmed to fit.
thanks i'll get some of those pads as well. btw, i had planned to color all foam in orange but it took almost an entire pastidip can just to get the middle foam looking decent so i stopped there, realizing all orange would be overkill.
orange Small.jpeg

Reactions: Starfire
thanks i'll get some of those pads as well. btw, i had planned to color all foam in orange but it took almost an entire pastidip can just to get the middle foam looking decent so i stopped there, realizing all orange would be overkill.
View attachment 13190
That looks good. I picked up Plasti Dip too. The black looks good with the orange! I’m mostly done with mine as far as pulling foam. Will probably try and get a few coats done before bedtime

I looked at those Apache cases before I ordered my evo2. I ended up getting the rugged bundle with hard case but now with my Smart Controller those Apaches look very appealing

I looked at those Apache cases before I ordered my evo2. I ended up getting the rugged bundle with hard case but now with my Smart Controller those Apaches look very appealing
I’m not a fan of the pick and pluck foam but for the price plus a little patience with a can of plasti dip and some glue they turn out ok. I spent an evening doing mine and then let the insert air out for 24 hrs. There’s still a slight odor if you put your nose a couple of inches away. I have a small case ordered from Aliexpress that I’ll post a pic of when it arrives on the slow boat.

Attachments

• B74EFAA4-6006-40E2-8D4D-F0A74A6494FD.jpeg
    B74EFAA4-6006-40E2-8D4D-F0A74A6494FD.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 9
I’m not a fan of the pick and pluck foam but for the price plus a little patience with a can of plasti dip and some glue they turn out ok. I spent an evening doing mine and then let the insert air out for 24 hrs. There’s still a slight odor if you put your nose a couple of inches away. I have a small case ordered from Aliexpress that I’ll post a pic of when it arrives on the slow boat.
Hi there.

Do you mean plasti dip as in Plasti Dip Aerosol, Gloss Black - 311g do you spray the foam with it? What does it do?

Cheers

Hi there.

Do you mean plasti dip as in Plasti Dip Aerosol, Gloss Black - 311g do you spray the foam with it? What does it do?

Cheers
It fuses the remaining foam to keep it from falling apart. There’s several YouTube videos on the subject. I sprayed a coat a waited 10-20 minutes and did 8 coats total. Most recommend 10. Also be mindful of the pointy egg crate foam in the lid. It will press the power buttons on the batteries if you don’t clip it off over them.

Reactions: Bussty
It fuses the remaining foam to keep it from falling apart. There’s several YouTube videos on the subject. I sprayed a coat a waited 10-20 minutes and did 8 coats total. Most recommend 10. Also be mindful of the pointy egg crate foam in the lid. It will press the power buttons on the batteries if you don’t clip it off over them.
Oh cool. Is that picture you posted with it sprayed on? Is it transparent? Cheers

Oh cool. Is that picture you posted with it sprayed on? Is it transparent? Cheers
Yes. I let it all dry 24 hrs before putting anything into the cavities. I have also been leaving the case open on occasion. I’d much prefer a custom case but there’s little to choose from.

Attachments

• EFFFF800-268B-4B9C-A861-0A0A0433FEBC.jpeg
    EFFFF800-268B-4B9C-A861-0A0A0433FEBC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Bussty
Hi there.

Cheers
just so you know, plastidip is only about $6 per can. a few years ago, not sure what happened but the pricing got all screwed up. not sure if all stock depleted or pricing error on multipack confusion, or going out of business...but there are some outrageous prices out there. do not overpay. i realize the colors (like orange, red, blue) are rare and for awhile people were using this to paint their car. however, for your case, if you want to do it right and make it look nice and use light coats, it will take a couple of weeks and an entire can for colors other than black for sure.

Reactions: Starfire and Bussty
I just ordered a custom foam hard case from Aliexpress for $65. We’ll see if it shows up… I’ve had good luck with Aliexpress so far, but stuff can take a while.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy