Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mid-weight case for Evo 2

Tmclerran

Reaction score
So I have been searching for a mid-weight case for my Evo 2.

The bag Autel sells seems to have no or minimal protection.

While the rugged case (or the empire case) seems to be over-kill for my needs.

There has to be something out there that will offer some, maybe not bullet proof, protection while not being a giant suitcase.

I can’t imagine going on a road trip with the rugged case, pulling it out of my trunk and going on a 2 mile hike with it.
On the other hand, I don’t love the idea of the Autel shoulder bag being the only protection while in my trunk among all my other stuff.

I’m looking for something that offers a bit of protection while in the trunk of my car but at the same time I can carry easily on a walk.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: Volatus Drones
The rugged case is good protection but entirely too large for travel. I found this case for $90. Just came across it by accident as the name is similar to this forum. It looks like an official Autel bag so it's probably fine but the reviews don't seem to address the bag itself, just the shipping or order statuses which I couldn't care less about. If someone picks one up please let us know what you think.

The rugged case is good protection but entirely too large for travel. I found this case for $90. Just came across it by accident as the name is similar to this forum. It looks like an official Autel bag so it's probably fine but the reviews don't seem to address the bag itself, just the shipping or order statuses which I couldn't care less about. If someone picks one up please let us know what you think.

Spicynujac,
That’s the Autel bag I mentioned. It’s certainly the right size, but I worry about protection a bit. I haven’t seen one of those Autel bags in person, but it looks like it’s just cloth.
So something that same size but with firm sides would be ideal. Even a bit larger, if need be.

But I admit that I’m being a bit of a Goldilocks here - nothing is just right. I’m just hoping somebody has come up with the perfect bag for my needs.

The GPC Autel case is wicked large (about the upper limit in size of a airline carry on) and weighs just under 15 lbs w/ two batteries, etc. This shoulder bag looks like a good alternative, but I too wonder about the level of protection it affords. Does anyone who owns it care to chime in w a PIREP?

There has to be something out there that will offer some, maybe not bullet proof, protection while not being a giant suitcase.

I can’t imagine going on a road trip with the rugged case, pulling it out of my trunk and going on a 2 mile hike with it.
On the other hand, I don’t love the idea of the Autel shoulder bag being the only protection while in my trunk among all my other stuff.

I’m looking for something that offers a bit of protection while in the trunk of my car but at the same time I can carry easily on a walk.

Any suggestions?

While this is not a case perse, a few of us are using it and are very happy with it. Here's a link to a thread. lowepro 250 BP

I went with this guy. Semi-hard shell. Good for the hikes. Holds PLENTY!! Lol...A photo of my setup is attached below.

Attachments

• 76CBD672-6CC5-420B-BDF3-56766866E10B.jpeg
    76CBD672-6CC5-420B-BDF3-56766866E10B.jpeg
    752 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: superflyguy

Any suggestions?
Check out LowePro backpacks. They are bigger than than the Autel shoulder bag and would be perfect for hiking.

It may be overkill for some folks but for those who travel or do a lot of shoots out of their car the GPC Case or our Empire Drone Case fits the bill. Easy to pack and unpack with superior protection. The Empire Drone Case is also great for tablet users who utilize the Lifthor Controller Mount.

Reactions: House Forasken
Check out LowePro backpacks. They are bigger than than the Autel shoulder bag and would be perfect for hiking.

It may be overkill for some folks but for those who travel or do a lot of shoots out of their car the GPC Case or our Empire Drone Case fits the bill. Easy to pack and unpack with superior protection. The Empire Drone Case is also great for tablet users who utilize the Lifthor Controller Mount.
This is my setup when I need something quick and portable. I was going on vacation to Cabo Mexico and needed something protective that I didn't have to check. I do have another Evo 2 pro in a GPC Case that is an excellent case but it is a lot less convenient to lug around. This bag also has a landing pad on the front side plus it has plenty of space for any extras I need to throw in there including DSLR and at least one lense on top. I would be happy to make some custom packs for anyone interested.

Attachments

• 20210408_113219.jpg
    20210408_113219.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 20210408_113237.jpg
    20210408_113237.jpg
    985.3 KB · Views: 32

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members