Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flight and Video Distance

hoopsdavis

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if there are settings to improve flight distance. I'm unable to get as far as a mile before getting notifications that Video signal is weak. I get about 1 mile out before the drone lose connection to the control.

It seems I've seen others do much better.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Play with the settings below. Usually lower mgz means better distance. Same goes doe image transmission. Lower res, means longer range.

Screenshot_20190624-124216_Autel Explorer.jpg

Also, you might consider replacing the antennas. Autel's OEM antennas have a low dBi. Getting better ones will help you with signal.

Reactions: hoopsdavis
I bought these. They arrive tomorrow. A few people have already tried these or similar to these with great results.

Is there any video or how to on teardown or on installing these new antennas in the EVO remote - or is there a trusted professional installer you would recommend, and an idea of the cost to do so? Fully understand the warranty on the remote would be voided by doing so.

Is there any video or how to on teardown or on installing these new antennas in the EVO remote - or is there a trusted professional installer you would recommend, and an idea of the cost to do so? Fully understand the warranty on the remote would be voided by doing so.
Not that I am aware of. Sorry. I will follow the guide posted originally @Apollo11capcom

Play with the settings below. Usually lower mgz means better distance. Same goes doe image transmission. Lower res, means longer range.

View attachment 4619

Also, you might consider replacing the antennas. Autel's OEM antennas have a low dBi. Getting better ones will help you with signal.
Where can you get better antennas? How do you install them?

Where can you get better antennas? How do you install them?
I will be honest. I tried replacing the antennas and had a huge scare. I would suggest you keep yours OEM. If you feel that you still need to replace them, go to this thread:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo