Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Should I Void My Warranty On My Controller

NewZona Rides

Reaction score
Website
newzonarides.com
I would like some opinions please. There is nothing wrong with my controller technically speaking. That being said I have seen so many posts on how the antennas are weak and will break if you offend them in some way. I also think the antennas are a bigger issue when you install the LifThor tablet mount as the aluminum frame of that attachment is right up next to the stock antennas. I feel this has affected my range in a negative way. So my question is should I open the controller void the warranty to replace these awful antennas with better SMA removable ones or just leave them alone until my warranty is up? I am just torn on this. I have already ordered and received the parts for the upgrade BTW.

My advice is, if you don't mind spending the $$ if the controller fails at some point, for repairs, then go for it. I am waiting for my Evo to return from warranty to mod my controller.

Reactions: NewZona Rides
They have hairline cracks. They haven't broken off. I don't want to be mid flight in a hairy situation and the antennas breaking on me mid flight. Murphy's law is real.
Autel fixed those for you when you sent the drone in right?

Autel fixed those for you when you sent the drone in right?
I don't know. I did told them about it and they said they would look into it. I sent my drone 5 weeks ago today. It was supposed to arrive on the 12th, but according to USPS it is delayed and they won't give me a new date. I will contact Autel next Wednesday to see what are my options if it doesn't arrive. I don't care what others say, to me, Autel's Customer Service is horrible and I dread having to use their warranty service in the future.

When my Phantom came DOA, I only had to wait a week to get a replacement. Sure, Autel people are friendlier and easy going, but as for the rest, they simply don't deliver.

Reactions: Madhungarian
I don't know. I did told them about it and they said they would look into it. I sent my drone 5 weeks ago today. It was supposed to arrive on the 12th, but according to USPS it is delayed and they won't give me a new date. I will contact Autel next Wednesday to see what are my options if it doesn't arrive. I don't care what others say, to me, Autel's Customer Service is horrible and I dread having to use their warranty service in the future.

When my Phantom came DOA, I only had to wait a week to get a replacement. Sure, Autel people are friendlier and easy going, but as for the rest, they simply don't deliver.
More and more stories like this are happening.

New Zona.....
I maybe would think about getting a new or used controller to modify.
The controller is about $250, not bad for for what it does.
(Of course this depends on your financial situation.)
For some reason, Autel wants for warranty work you to send in both the Drone and the controller.
If you need warranty work done on the drone, and you send a modified controller, you might not have it warrantied.

In my case, I had my drone two days and one of the folding arms came apart and I had to send in the
controller for repair and they wanted the drone also. They sent me an RMA and return postage label, but snail mail shipping.
took 8 days to get cross county, weekend included, and I haven't heard back when I will get everything back.
I am in the waiting game now.

New Zona.....
For some reason, Autel wants for warranty work you to send in both the Drone and the controller.
If you need warranty work done on the drone, and you send a modified controller, you might not have it warrantied.

In my case, I had my drone two days and one of the folding arms came apart and I had to send in the
controller for repair and they wanted the drone also. They sent me an RMA and return postage label, but snail mail shipping.
took 8 days to get cross county, weekend included, and I haven't heard back when I will get everything back.
I've been waiting 35 days now. How is your wait going?

New Zona.....

I did not even consider that. Oh well I went and did it anyway. LOL It makes a huge difference in signal. Night and day.

Attachments

• 2019-06-14 19.42.27.jpg
    2019-06-14 19.42.27.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
  • 2019-06-14 19.42.47.jpg
    2019-06-14 19.42.47.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • 2019-06-14 19.42.57.jpg
    2019-06-14 19.42.57.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 68
I did i 4 Hawks upgrade and Im happy as can be, no more useing shoe glue to hold in place. Cause what you dont want to happen is have it in the air and thy fall apart on you.

I've been waiting 35 days now. How is your wait going?
Not as long as you....YET !
I sent mine in May 28th

When I had problems with my first Typhoon H they overnighted a replacement form CAL TO NY !
I never expected that !
PLUS They gave me a free battery for my understanding !

Reactions: Ansia
After trying to fix the broken antennas myself (dim eyes and old clumsy fingers) broke the post on the mother board. I sent my control in to get fixed on May 31 I got the estimate from Autel on June 3 It arrived at my door June 14. I don't see any problems with that friendly and excellent service. I had a problem once before with battery's on my Xstar same service.

After trying to fix the broken antennas myself (dim eyes and old clumsy fingers) broke the post on the mother board. I sent my control in to get fixed on May 31 I got the estimate from Autel on June 3 It arrived at my door June 14. I don't see any problems with that friendly and excellent service. I had a problem once before with battery's on my Xstar same service.
They must not like @Atomic08 and me, because we live at the other side of the US.

You guys are scaring me. I JUST bought my Evo and part of the reason was because of the US based customer service reputation. If they really are crap now, this thing is going back to Best Buy. I have 3 DJI drones, and I'm just sick of the finickiness and hassle with them - so I decided to give Autel a shot. Did I make a mistake or are these stories of >1mo waits an anomoly?

You guys are scaring me. I JUST bought my Evo and part of the reason was because of the US based customer service reputation. If they really are crap now, this thing is going back to Best Buy. I have 3 DJI drones, and I'm just sick of the finickiness and hassle with them - so I decided to give Autel a shot. Did I make a mistake or are these stories of >1mo waits an anomoly?
It is a solid drone. You won't regret getting it. I just didn't have a good experience with customer support. Just like in DJI's case, some have good experiences and others don't.

Leaf...
Don't worry, I had done my research and I think it is a fine drone, or I wouldn't have bought it ! NO DJI for me !
I am writing a review on my first impressions and I was happy with what mine did in the short time I have had it,
I am blaming my wait on the long Memorial Day weekend and like Ansia, we live on the right side of the USA !
When I contacted CS, I had a brief talk with Alejandro and had a RMA in a matter of minutes.
Took me longer to drive to the Post Office to mail it back !

Thanks - it sounds like I could characterize their customer service as good and responsive, just slow turn around time? My first experience asking them a question about my cam angle went well I think. My big worry is the antennas. They feel cheap as hell....love the drone, just can't stand worrying all the time about where I put down the controller to avoid damaging the antennas.

LP

Thanks - it sounds like I could characterize their customer service as good and responsive, just slow turn around time? My first experience asking them a question about my cam angle went well I think. My big worry is the antennas. They feel cheap as hell....love the drone, just can't stand worrying all the time about where I put down the controller to avoid damaging the antennas.

LP
I felt the same way. My antennas were not broke yet and I replaced them anyway. Night and day difference.

Reactions: LeafPeeper
Just realize the antennas are cheap build so always be aware of that. The range is great. I have had no problems with range.

Reactions: LeafPeeper

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials