Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO NANO gets RID

3Fees

Reaction score
RID RID000000320 Autel Robotics EVO Nano Accepted 6.30.2023

Serial numbers: 1748CNAO921511307-1748CNAW821521015

28,500 registration numbers if you download the csv file from faa.

Odd the evo nano has the rid module and evo nano plus does not. I asked Autel if evo nano plus would get a rid number and autel said no it did not have the module in it even though its newer. I quess Autel deleted it.

Cheers

3Fees :)

• Wow
Reactions: ADOC and Eagle928
My serial number is within this range. What sw version allows the Nano to transmit RID? The last release was dated in March and the release notes do not indicate.

You need to download the csv file and check, the numbers were not totally sequential. Dated RID is 6/30/2023 so it take some time to get the firmware update, maybe next firmware update.

Cheers
3fees :)

Last edited:
You need to download the csv file and check, the numbers were not totally sequential. Dated RID is 6/30/2023 so it take some time to get the firmware update, maybe next firmware update.

Cheers
3fees :)
My s/n is in the list. I can't see why some variants of the model would be included and others not. Unless they were sent in chunks by color and nano/nano+, etc, then it's pretty sloppy to publish such a list. I understand if some s/n were omitted, if they were never shipped or destroyed, etc than no records. But I don't understand getting an approved DoC when no such update exists yet. Perhaps the DoC should be pending until the company performs. Otherwise, why doesn't DJI post a bunch of DoC for all their promises? Maybe, Autel does not plan to update with RID but gets DoC for "compliance under 250g" meaning "not required" which is stupid but I can see it from such a shabby FAA process/program.

Contact Autel support and ask when RID firmware is going available for the EVO Nano.

Cheers
3Fees :)

I have another thread going about the Nano+ and RID. I just got one and the Safety settings clearly show Remote ID. Before I power on the Nano+, it shows “Broadcats failed” but that changes to “Broadcasting” as soon as the drone connects to the controller.

My Nano+ is in a completely different serial number range from the Nano serials found in the FAA UAS DoC page linked above.

This is a really stupid situation. The Nano doesn’t have geofencing but will report to the FAA if you happen to overfly a restricted area that would have prevented with geofencing.

Autel Evo Nano+ does not have RID. I asked Autel support about this and they answered the Nano + does not have rid module installed. If you Check FAA RID LIST, nano is listed not the nano +.

FAA RID + OOP list

Type in Autel and see for yourself, No declaration of compliance for nano +

EVO Lite and EVO Lite + yes.

Cheers
3fees

Thanks for replying. I would love to believe you and not return the nano+. Why does the Autel app show that Remote ID is broadcasting? I really don’t want the FAA knocking on my door if I stray into the nearby Class C that is 100% restricted.

I did check teh DoC list and my serial is completely different, but I’m worrying that they just haven’t filed the nano+ serials with the FAA.

Its under 250gr and does not need registration or rid for recreational purposes in the USA. You do need LAANC authorization to fly in controlled air space yet not G-Golf- uncontrolled airspace and Trust license to fly recreationally-free of charge. keep up the good work.

Latest Autel app shows RID switch no matter what Autel Drone you have.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
OK, I’ll keep my Nano+. I just downloaded DroneScanner and ran it while the drone was flying about 20’ away. It didn’t see anything.

I was assuming that the Nano and Nano+ were identical except for the camera. In several of the RID thread posts, there are mentions of firmware updates enabling RID. Is it possible that my Nano+ has the necessary hardware and could have RID activated with a firmware update?

I have been trying to find out how RID is implemented. Does it just use the 2.4/5.8 ghz transmitter used for communication with the RC? If so, could Autel suddenly enable RID on my drone? Does it need more hardware?

I plan to continue to “Cancel” when prompted to perform a firmware update…

Many thanks,
Richard

From what I have heard there is no rid module in the nano + it was deleted. RID is broadcast by bluetooth and wifi- generally bluetooth 4 or 5 , the external rid module I have uses bluetooth.

Get the latest firmware updates, firmware is important.

The only drawback to mini drone is flying in the wind, they have been known to stop in sufficient head winds.

If your in a head wind and it slows the drone down, do what swimmers do against a rip tide, tack back and forth, diagonally.

I dont own a mini drone yet if the right price came up I would consider it.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
I have another thread going about the Nano+ and RID. I just got one and the Safety settings clearly show Remote ID. Before I power on the Nano+, it shows “Broadcats failed” but that changes to “Broadcasting” as soon as the drone connects to the controller.
Did you notice the Broadcast highlights and grey out as well? Something appears to be happening but we don't know for sure.
My Nano+ is in a completely different serial number range from the Nano serials found in the FAA UAS DoC page linked above.
I wouldn't trust the DoC 100% completely since they are not always the most accurate. If you download the CSV file containing more than 28,000 serial numbers, you might find your serial number in the table since there doesn't appear to be a set range. Turns out, my SN is listed.

I'm just now sure how a Sep 7 software update designed to deliver RID to the Nano series managed to get a DoC on Jun 28.

This is a really stupid situation. The Nano doesn’t have geofencing but will report to the FAA if you happen to overfly a restricted area that would have prevented with geofencing.
The Nano does not report anything to the FAA.
Even if RID is active in the Nano, it does not report to the FAA.
Even if it did, there's no way to match up the RID# until you have completed registration.
Ultimately it doesn't mean they couldn't find out who you are....meaning I don't think they RID to catch you flying illegally.

Autel Evo Nano+ does not have RID. I asked Autel support about this and they answered the Nano + does not have rid module installed. If you Check FAA RID LIST, nano is listed not the nano +.

FAA RID + OOP list

Type in Autel and see for yourself, No declaration of compliance for nano +

EVO Lite and EVO Lite + yes.

Cheers
3fees
You sure about that? The Lite has 3 different DoC listed.

The Nano DoC has FCC ID 2AGNTMDA2409A which is the same for both Nano and Nano+.

I wouldn't exactly trust anyone at Autel support to give the best answer on RID.

Thanks for replying. I would love to believe you and not return the nano+. Why does the Autel app show that Remote ID is broadcasting? I really don’t want the FAA knocking on my door if I stray into the nearby Class C that is 100% restricted.

I did check teh DoC list and my serial is completely different, but I’m worrying that they just haven’t filed the nano+ serials with the FAA.
Check the DoC again.

The FAA can still come knocking regardless RID.

As of now, personally I am unable to verify if RID is transmitting. Maybe it's broken which means it could be fixed in a future SW update.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo