Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II v3 compatibility with v1 v2 gimbals?

RkamilC

Reaction score
If new gimbals from autel evo II v3 can work with older v2 v1 hardware and vice versa (older gimbals in new v3 evo)?

I have few evo v1,v2,v3 and for example after some try there is no video stream after putting old 640T gimbal to new v3 evo. Also there is some strange mistake information about S/N in app.

But maybe still that is possible after some fw upgrades or so?, There is no official information on www/manuals about uncompatibility.

I asked Autel support team but currently still waiting for answer.

Reactions: uas_gian
I see and feel your point. I had high hopes for exactly this approach from Autel. Dreaming of having a solid framework and cross-compatibility of payloads. So far all that's compatible between V1, V2 and V3 units are the batteries, propellers, bags, cases and (correction: antenna fittings).

I am looking forward to see someone's tutorial confirming how the cameras can be swapped between V3, V2 and V1 units 😆

Don't expect an answer from Autel any time soon.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DroneRat
I see and feel your point. I had high hopes for exactly this approach from Autel. Dreaming of having a solid framework and cross-compatibility of payloads. So far all that's compatible between V1, V2 and V3 units are the batteries, propellers, bags, cases and antennas.

I am looking forward to see someone's tutorial confirming how the cameras can be swapped between V3, V2 and V1 units 😆

Don't expect an answer from Autel any time soon.
Currently V3 and V2 EU is multiband 2.4&5.8 So rather no compatibility with antenna of V1. V1&V2 all camera models swap without any problem. Also enterprise gadgets on RTK craft.

wow, you said all camera / gimbal units are swapable between V1, V2 and V3 bodies? That's good news. I stand corrected if that is true.

By the way. Radio frequency and antennas are not the same thing.

wow, you said all camera / gimbal units are swapable between V1, V2 and V3 bodies? That's good news. I stand corrected if that is true.

No.
Only V1 V2 cameras on all V1 and V2 bodies.
And probably only V3 cameras on V3 bodies.

By the way. Radio frequency and antennas are not the same thing
No way, how you thought to write that.

If new gimbals from autel evo II v3 can work with older v2 v1 hardware and vice versa (older gimbals in new v3 evo)?

I have few evo v1,v2,v3 and for example after some try there is no video stream after putting old 640T gimbal to new v3 evo. Also there is some strange mistake information about S/N in app.

But maybe still that is possible after some fw upgrades or so?, There is no official information on www/manuals about uncompatibility.

I asked Autel support team but currently still waiting for answer.

Well I had a evo 2 and about a year later upgraded camera to the pro camera version 2. And they mailed it to me and I put it on and it works great. No problems whatsoever. So thought the same thing maybey I can just upgrade to the version 3 camera. I called autel with this question they said maybe in the future but right now they are not selling the vs 3 cameras by themselves. So I dont know if that's a yes or a no.

Sorry but that guy iss full of crap and has no clue what he's talking about I just had this problem with the gimbal the v3 is not compatible with v1 or v2 I tried all of them and they don't work on v3

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo