Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO height indicator

Catweazle

Reaction score
I went flying yesterday and noticed that my height indicator was reading 4 metres. My reckoning was it was more like 10-12 metres. I was on a slightly sloping car park surface behind sand dunes that I had to fly over to film a surfing beach.

Does the GPS indicate the height, or is my underbelly sensors or compass a bit off?

The barometer is what measures height. GPS only measures location. The barometer has been known to give inaccurate reading. There is nothing to worry about this.

Reactions: Catweazle
use your camera middle line or tablet screen to help you judge your hight. if you know the height of an object in line with the middle line. then that is also your height. let's say there a dip in the ground then use an object behind the dip to quickly get an idea of your height. this is a very quick way to see if you safe and get a mental set up in your mind of your surroundings111.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
Ahh! I was filming a distant steam train approaching a level crossing. I had the EVO hovering aside of the crossing. I had set the gimbal at 15 degs before take off. So this is what would have given me an incorrect height reading ?

Reactions: Rorysee
There could be a number of reasons. Hard to pin point just one but one main one is "humidity". Humidity plays a number on barometer's. Since you where flying low to the ground the EVO's GPS system was not being used to help in the math.

Ahh! I was filming a distant steam train approaching a level crossing. I had the EVO hovering aside of the crossing. I had set the gimbal at 15 degs before take off. So this is what would have given me an incorrect height reading ?

I want to see your video of the steam train!

Sure shall Tman. Plus the surprised kangaroo trying to beat it to the level crossing!

Having recently dumped my Shot Cut editing program i,m searching for another freebie. I have reduced the choice to two, (Davinci and Open Shot). I,m up for suggestions of good others ?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain