Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 pro battery question

Gshots

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

hope you all are having a great Sunday. Question,
Just received my E2P 6k Rugged bundle This past Thursday. Beautiful bird I must say. As a DJI owner MP and flying for 3 years, I just love to be in the air. I have charged my batteries(3) for my new bird 100% charge , how ever when I start her up to fly, she only reads 33 minutes flight time. Can someone explain to me why that is ? All equipment is fully charged. I thought I should be seeing 40 minutes flight time. Confused on this , other than that , trying to get some flight time in today. It has been raining on and off here in Kissimmee/ Orlando area for the past 4 days. Overcast today. Ty in advance for you help on this.

40 minutes flight time :
It's on paper, it's not reality. Already by the time the Evo initializes and prepares itself, you lose 2 to 3% of battery.
No drone has ever made the time that their manufacturer gave.
A bit like the consumption of cars in a way.

Turning off Obstacle Avoidance will help that too. The Air 2 is advertised as 34 mins, I've never gotten more then 27 mins. There is no industry regulator like cars to enforce the rules about mileage.

Reactions: alex_markov
The battery is intended to be charged up to 4.4 volt per cell (so called LiHV cells), 13.2 volt total. But after charging with the stock EVO 2 charger I see ~12.7 volt instead. Maybe this can be changed by Autel in a future with the battery firmware update.
IMG_20201005_232515.jpg
IMG_20201005_232847.jpg
IMG_20201005_232607.jpg

The battery is intended to be charged up to 4.4 volt per cell (so called LiHV cells), 13.2 volt total. But after charging with the stock EVO 2 charger I see ~12.7 volt instead. Maybe this can be changed by Autel in a future with the battery firmware update.

Hey @rvl
Do you know where I can find the battery boards for purchase? I have 2 Evo II batteries, that need the boards replaced. The batteries, charge fine, but refuse to output power to the drone. You can turn them on, but not use them. Any ideas? (they have already been replaced by Autel, but due to shipping restrictions, they didn't want them back)

Flight time shown is an ESTIMATE. If you fly slow and you are willing to land with only a few percent of battery left, you can definitely go 40 minutes. But you will be hammering your battery. It is always best with lipos to have your bird back on the ground at around 20%. My experience with the EVO 2 Pro has shown that I can fly for around 30 minutes and be back on the ground at around 20%. That's pretty darn sweet. Landing below 20% decreases the life of your battery, increases chances of battery swelling and is just generally not good. The 40 minutes Autel claims, IMHO, is MARKETING and they know it. These batteries are expensive so why stress them? And 30 minutes is a long time in the air. I mainly do use my EVO 2 Pro for mapping, so I'm constantly changing batteries in my missions when I let it automatically return home at the 20% battery warning. No problem.

Thank you. I go by the 20% rule myself with my MP. Just curious why I was only seeing 33% on my display when I turn everything on for the battery.

Where is the beef? In reality we two types of company.
A. A good company under promises and over deliver, makes us very happy customers !
B. Cunning companies over promise and under deliver to make a fool of us

The battery suppose to give 40 minutes, mine gives 31 to 32 minutes after a few cycles.
When flying 6 minutes remaining on the battery it automatically goes in to RTH mode.

That is 31 to 32 minutes minus 6 minutes = 25 to 26 real flying time, only !

Autel owes us all with EVO2 Pro owners one battery with a smile as a gesture of good will for short changing and pulling the rug over us.

The drone is indeed a killing machine and Autel should have designed a far better propeller guard and included it !

I have crashed two 6K drones and one got saved after crash from propeller guards that broke and propellers damaged,
when I called Autel and spoke to David, he refused to replace the broken propeller guards and propellers.

When I wrote to the Autel management, they Never Replied back ! !

After crashing two EVO2 Pro 6K I am even scared to fly as it boomerang around and came back to hit my son and then me ! !
What we need is proper Remote with 7 inch LCD built-in. and full support from Autel.
Autel owes me two batteries for I have two EVO2 Pro 6K.
We used Fugi cameras for wedding work, suddenly without any notice Fuji sent us a $600 dedicated flash ! !

Attachments

• DSC_6507 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6507 Sm.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_6210 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6210 Sm.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Where is the beef? In reality we two types of company.
A. A good company under promises and over deliver, makes us very happy customers !
B. Cunning companies over promise and under deliver to make a fool of us

The battery suppose to give 40 minutes, mine gives 31 to 32 minutes after a few cycles.
When flying 6 minutes remaining on the battery it automatically goes in to RTH mode.

That is 31 to 32 minutes minus 6 minutes = 25 to 26 real flying time, only !

Autel owes us all with EVO2 Pro owners one battery with a smile as a gesture of good will for short changing and pulling the rug over us.

The drone is indeed a killing machine and Autel should have designed a far better propeller guard and included it !

I have crashed two 6K drones and one got saved after crash from propeller guards that broke and propellers damaged,
when I called Autel and spoke to David, he refused to replace the broken propeller guards and propellers.

When I wrote to the Autel management, they Never Replied back ! !

After crashing two EVO2 Pro 6K I am even scared to fly as it boomerang around and came back to hit my son and then me ! !
What we need is proper Remote with 7 inch LCD built-in. and full support from Autel.
Autel owes me two batteries for I have two EVO2 Pro 6K.
We used Fugi cameras for wedding work, suddenly without any notice Fuji sent us a $600 dedicated flash ! !
Why so many crashes? Is there something wrong with the aircraft or controller?

What app sw & aircraft/controller/battery fw are you at?

Were you flying in mission mode or manual?

Inside or outside?

By chance were you flying with prop guard outside?

As for battery life, easily getting about 30 min per flight, granted thats 3/4 of the marketing hero number spec. However its also 2x better than what getting on my DJIs (they also play the hero number spec game). FWIW, I rotate five batteries so they get used evenly, have time to cool before recharge etc, total of about 200 flights across those. I also have my battery alerts set lower during warmer months and keep aircraft close to get more out of them. During cold weather, set the alerts higher and keep aircraft closer towards end of flight to help stretch the battery performance.

Hope you can sort out why the aircraft keep crashing.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain