Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

E2P loosing focus randomly

I asked Autel support - took them a week and response was to do an IMU calibration :) (I was done it many times and have nothing to do with focus ;) ) so, they do not admit the problem and have no solution :(
I got that same feeling too. Been the same with both drones sent to me. ?

Reactions: alex_markov
Have you seen miscoloration, especially when shooting at the sun or a bright light source? I've had cases where it flashed an add color for like 1-2 frames then corrected. They way its the auto shooting adjusting the camera settings doing it. I've recommended back to them that they change the code so that once it adjust the aperature or anything else for that matter to not adjust again for multiple seconds so we don't end up with a messy pic.
like this?

I am having a similar problem. The auto focus goes from good to bad and never comes back during a flight. It usually happens when I move the gimble or rotate the bird, but I've used MF and have to move the focus all the way to the left (close-up/flower) and then it seems to work. I recently updated the firmware to version 2.6.22 and still have the lack-of-AF problem, so it appears Autel did not address this issue in the latest release..

I have asked for a refund as I've had two drones & both have been the same. I think it's a manufacturing fault / faulty batch.

I am having a similar problem. The auto focus goes from good to bad and never comes back during a flight. It usually happens when I move the gimble or rotate the bird, but I've used MF and have to move the focus all the way to the left (close-up/flower) and then it seems to work. I recently updated the firmware to version 2.6.22 and still have the lack-of-AF problem, so it appears Autel did not address this issue in the latest release..
I had the same problem with focusing on my 2 Pro and the service team in Germany solved the problem.
Their response to what the error was "The camera's near-focus and far-focus positions are reversed". Seems to be a hardware failure that cannot be resolved with updates ...
I must also say that I am very satisfied with their support and service, quick answers and the problem was solved satisfactorily. Autel has a bit left to fix when it comes to the camera's jerky stop. Must be smoother when you start / stop tilting. A necessary update if they are going to compete with DJI.

Not sure if related, however have had happen a couple of times where video focus goes from great to blurred. Have had occur while indoor and outdoor, in both scenarios battery was low and had just gotten a warning and did an override. Then noticed the video had gone blurry. Landed, swapped battery, return to flight and all was ok. Have not had a chance to test and see if can recreate, also could have been one off issues, however keeping an eye out for it in the future.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy