Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Dropped EVO, Gimbal Broken...

davemgood

Reaction score
I just bought the EVO and took it out for its maiden flight. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and enjoy flying and gathering video. However, the EVO didn't have that pesky NFZ warning.

So, I took the EVO out of the Rugged box, spread out the legs and removed the gimbal guard. At that moment, the EVO slipped out of my grip and fell on rocky ground on the gimbal/camera. I turned the power on the EVO. The gimbal would continually go through the gimbal setup. It only stopped once I turned it off. I looked for a stuck stone or stick, but there was nothing.

I am so crestfallen. I just spent $1400 for the Rugged Bundle plus several other accessories. I'm bummed! 😭

Ansia

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and I'm sorry to what happened. All I can suggest is you call Autel and send your bird in. I believe the repair is either $140 or $240. The reason your gimbal gets stuck in the boot sequence, is because either one of the motors is damaged and can't finish the sequence or a cable within the shell snapped, not giving the completed sequence signal to the main board.

I never said this, but if there is no external damage, take it to the store and exchange it?

Reactions: nashwarrick

Ansia

Staff member
Reaction score
Used the search function of the forum and found 2 cases where people sent their Evo for gimbal replacement.

One from Europe was asked $324 for repair and shipping it back.

The second one was from the US. He saod he had to pay shy of $300.

davemgood

Reaction score
Used the search function of the forum and found 2 cases where people sent their Evo for gimbal replacement.

One from Europe was asked $324 for repair and shipping it back.

The second one was from the US. He saod he had to pay shy of $300.
That's encouraging!

butch

Reaction score
Our member @butch had the exact same problem you did with the gimbal. Autel was able to repair it for $100. Hopefully that is your case as well.
10-4 Ansia, A gimgal motor was broken but the camera was good. Price included shipping both ways.......
Sorry about you trouble davemgood. I always leave the gimbal cover on until I set the drone down, evern when changing or removing battery.

Reactions: Ansia

SilverDragon

Reaction score
I just bought the EVO and took it out for its maiden flight. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and enjoy flying and gathering video. However, the EVO didn't have that pesky NFZ warning.

So, I took the EVO out of the Rugged box, spread out the legs and removed the gimbal guard. At that moment, the EVO slipped out of my grip and fell on rocky ground on the gimbal/camera. I turned the power on the EVO. The gimbal would continually go through the gimbal setup. It only stopped once I turned it off. I looked for a stuck stone or stick, but there was nothing.

I am so crestfallen. I just spent $1400 for the Rugged Bundle plus several other accessories. I'm bummed! 😭
Go figures, your story just made stomach flip and made the loudest gurgle.... It was purely a accident.. we have them to one degree or another....you will make out ok and chock it up as it could of been worse.... I hope you get it fixed soon and get it up in the air. And welcome to the forum.

nashwarrick

Reaction score
Just take it back if its new they will replace it and send it back and Autel will fix and resell it no big deal we get stuff back like that all the time at Home Depot...RTV it.......

davemgood

Reaction score
Just take it back if its new they will replace it and send it back and Autel will fix and resell it no big deal we get stuff back like that all the time at Home Depot...RTV it.......
Thanks, appreciate it. I bought it on Amazon. A buddy of mine e bought his on Amazon - and I bought many things there, but I never had to return anything. Any advice? Anyone?

Dave :)

nashwarrick

Reaction score
I returned a few things you should be able to go online in your account and it will tell you how to return it they even pay for postage back at least they did for me.....Good luck

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithV35