Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone reel XSP (5 months of flying)

Kevin

Reaction score
Drone reel of about 20 short clips of stuff I've shot flying around Maryland, New York State, and New Jersey in the summer and fall of 2016 with the Autel X-Star Premium. Note: I'm a novice at movie editing but did my best!

To see what I've been up to recently, check out @goldenhouraerials on Instagram.

Nice shots, I'm just up the road a bit in Delaware so glad to see another east coaster :)
Any tips on where to fly in DE? I stopped in New Castle one day on a trip up I95 but I chickened out flying near the old historic part. It was a no-fly zone based on Airmap.com and the New Castle airport tower did not pick up when I called.

Any tips on where to fly in DE? I stopped in New Castle one day on a trip up I95 but I chickened out flying near the old historic part. It was a no-fly zone based on Airmap.com and the New Castle airport tower did not pick up when I called.

I'm actually trying to figure that out myself.

NCC airport puts quite a damper on things. Battery park in Old New Castle may be just outside the airport radius (Verify will let me purchase insurance there though it's 25/hr versus the usual 10). You'd need to go through the FAA website for a waiver any closer as contol towers are no longer allowed to give clearance to sUAS, AFAIK.

That and DE State Parks not allowing takeoffs and landings has made it difficult for me to practice.

NCC parks allow drones but, meh. They're ok but not particularly scenic.

I'll let you know when I find some good spots!

Your instagram shows that you fly a DJI Phantom 4.o_O

How did you manage the Camden Yards flyover? Did you get permission from the stadium authorities? Also, I especially thought the sunflower field flyover was cool with all the flowers facing the same direction.

I asked the guy in the stadium security booth if I could fly over Camden Yards and he said as long as I don't take off from our property it's fine. It was Sunday morning at 8 am so no one was around.

Reactions: Delta Blue
Wow, great video. I'm just getting started and would like to know what software you are using for video editing. I'm a long time still photographer and a bit overwhelmed with video editing and processing.

Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: Russty
Well done indeed! I hope I can get better at the editing of the videos I shoot. I'm using Movie Maker and there isn't a lot of instructions within the software.

The derelict ship and Parson Estate Ruins were like scenes from a post apocalyptic movie or video game scene. Was a slick thing to capture on film the way you did it. I like the vignettes.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials