Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DIY aftermarket chargers for the EVO

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Disclaimer: Using anything aftermarket can void your warranty. You are the only one who can decide if this is right for you.

Many people are using the Mavic Pro multi chargers to charge their EVO batteries. There are different brands out there but most do the same thing so shop around for the best price. They seem to run around $36 bucks US funds. One popular one is the Powerextra Mavic Pro 5 in 1 Intelligent Multi Battery Charger Hub that can be found on Amazon.

In order to use these chargers for the EVO you will need to trim the plugs with a razor or x-acto knife as pictured in the photo below.

20180725_202422.jpg

381-f6fcbeb741a388b80f847ba300af4dda-edit.jpg

20180725_202325.jpg

52353289_1043277119152572_5951777950071259136_n.jpg

I have been using one for over 7 months with no issues. Nothing intelligent about them, since the circuitry in the battery is what determines the charge rate and time. Don't understand why Autel did not do one of these a long time ago. For those who wonder, it makes no difference how you plug it to the battery. It also chargers 3 batteries at the same time and the controller plus your phone or tablet. Is this perfect or what?

If you are interested in a second approved charger, Crutchfield has them for $45 and free shipping. Not a bad deal. Ordered my this morning and they already shipped it two day air. So far so good!!

Does anyone know if the new upcoming Autel Multi Charger will charge all the batteries simultaneously? If not, then what's the point?

Does anyone know if the new upcoming Autel Multi Charger will charge all the batteries simultaneously? If not, then what's the point?
It doesn't. The point is for you not to have to change the battery once the charger is done with one.

It doesn't. The point is for you not to have to change the battery once the charger is done with one.

Awe really? That's dumb. I have the same multicharger listed in this post that I use to charge all 3 of my Xiaomi 4k Drone batteries simultaneously. Why can't Autel just partner or release their own is a bummer. The multicharger in this post is looking better and better each day. Has anyone reached out to the makers of this 3rd party multicharger and ask them to create one with plugs that fit the Evo batteries so we don't have to bastardize the plastic ends?

Reactions: Ansia
I ordered one of these chargers and it showed up today. After looking at it and comparing it to the stock Evo plug I relaize the Mavic charger they sent me has an 8 pin plug and the stock Evo plug has 10 pins. When I look at the one used by the OP, his has 10 pins as well. WTH gives here? When I go back and look on Amazon the picture for the Mavic Pro 2/Zoom plug has 10 pins, but I know that is a fatter plug. I'm sending this one back as it's obviously for a regular Mavic and not a pro/platinum as advertised.

Last edited:
I ordered one of these chargers and it showed up today. After looking at it and comparing it to the stock Evo plug I relaize the Mavic charger they sent me has an 8 pin plug and the stock Evo plug has 10 pins. When I look at the one used by the OP, his has 10 pins as well. WTH gives here? When I go back and look on Amazon the picture for the Mavic Pro 2/Zoom plug has 10 pins, but I know that is a fatter plug. I'm sending this one back as it's obviously for a regular Mavic and not a pro/platinum as advertised.
I think you have the mavic air charger it has 8 pins.

I think you have the mavic air charger it has 8 pins.

I guess....No clue. I just know it wasn't going to work for the Evo. I got a different charger today. it's for a Mavic Pro and it has 10 pins. ?

I ordered one of these chargers and it showed up today. After looking at it and comparing it to the stock Evo plug I relaize the Mavic charger they sent me has an 8 pin plug and the stock Evo plug has 10 pins. When I
I guess....No clue. I just know it wasn't going to work for the Evo. I got a different charger today. it's for a Mavic Pro and it has 10 pins. ?
I looked at my mavic pro multi charger and it does only have 8 pins. I did the mod on my mavic stock charger It has 10 pins . The 8 pin multi charger I have works on my mavic batteries I had it almost 18 months. I read this 8 vs 10 pin battery charger

Disclaimer: Using anything aftermarket can void your warranty. You are the only one who can decide if this is right for you.

Many people are using the Mavic Pro multi chargers to charge their EVO batteries. There are different brands out there but most do the same thing so shop around for the best price. They seem to run around $36 bucks US funds. One popular one is the Powerextra Mavic Pro 5 in 1 Intelligent Multi Battery Charger Hub that can be found on Amazon.

In order to use these chargers for the EVO you will need to trim the plugs with a razor or x-acto knife as pictured in the photo below.

View attachment 3497

View attachment 3498

View attachment 3499

View attachment 3500

Hi, I just want to make sure that this Amazon one would be ok but the pics shows only 8 pins, the description says for Mavic Pro. Here's the one I wonder about :
Parallel Multi Battery Charger with Two USB Ports for DJI Mavic Pro: Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

Thanks

Hi, I just want to make sure that this Amazon one would be ok but the pics shows only 8 pins, the description says for Mavic Pro. Here's the one I wonder about :
Parallel Multi Battery Charger with Two USB Ports for DJI Mavic Pro: Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

Thanks

That's the charger I sent back. While it may have worked, I chose to opt for one with 10 pins. I never even plugged it in to my Evo batteries, and sent it back. My new one has 10 pins and worked like a charm. It does charge the controller kind of slow, but it charged 3 batteries in an hour. I flew those batteries and had ZERO issues. I got the RCGEEKS charger...Same price I believe.

Reactions: Bapp1236
That's the charger I sent back. While it may have worked, I chose to opt for one with 10 pins. I never even plugged it in to my Evo batteries, and sent it back. My new one has 10 pins and worked like a charm. It does charge the controller kind of slow, but it charged 3 batteries in an hour. I flew those batteries and had ZERO issues. I got the RCGEEKS charger...Same price I believe.

Hi many thanks for your reply would that be the one you are referring to :
RCGEEK DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Battery Charger 6 in 1 Multi Charger Built in Cooling Fans: Amazon.ca: Cell Phones & Accessories

If this is the one, are there any lights showing the charge level ?

Again Thanks
Norm (can't wait for more clement weather here in Canada

Last edited:
Well its not to hard as you can use the internet for answers I passed the basic with 87% and never studied. Don Joyce has made a series of good videos for learning if you are interested.

Well its not to hard as you can use the internet for answers I passed the basic with 87% and never studied. Don Joyce has made a series of good videos for learning if you are interested.

Many Thanks Agustine and I will let you know once I get it.
Did you check my latest reply on the charger and if that one would suit for my Evo ?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials