Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DIY aftermarket chargers for the EVO

Just got my charger (8pin) It is still in the box so of course I have to cut the connectors a bit and hopefully it will work
ok diving in. fingers crossed. Quite impressed so far as it must weigh close to 3 lbs.
I have put my Iphone 6S and so far it is great.

Ok finished and all 3 batteries are charging simultaneously . So far so great

Last edited:
Update; It took 30 minutes for full charge as they were at 50%.
All I need now is some clement weather so I can fly some.... Ciao

@Agustine What a fantastic simple to do MOD! Took just minutes, and easy to cut clean with a razor blade. 8 pin chargers are completely fine to use, you don't need to specifically buy the 10 pin ones. The outer pins on either side are not used on the 10 pin chargers. If you notice the attached picture, this charger has two pins on the far outside...these are for securing the battery, so leave them. They fit perfectly into the EVO battery.Mavic multi mod for EVO.jpg

Following instructions above, I bought charger for Mavic with 8 pins. I was thinking for some time what side of connector to trim, but it seems it doesn't matter. I trimmed just like in picture above and it seems to work great. All 3 batteries are charging and controller and my old Note 3.

Thanks for sharing this great and super useful and not expensive mod.

Following instructions above, I bought charger for Mavic with 8 pins. I was thinking for some time what side of connector to trim, but it seems it doesn't matter. I trimmed just like in picture above and it seems to work great. All 3 batteries are charging and controller and my old Note 3.

Thanks for sharing this great and super useful and not expensive mod.

Sorry to be redundant, but could you please post the Amazon link here so we can all buy one of these to modify? Sounds like a good buy...

Sorry to be redundant, but could you please post the Amazon link here so we can all buy one of these to modify? Sounds like a good buy...

Absolutely, here is the link:

Amazon.com: Fstop Labs Accessories for DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Alpine 5 in 1 Rapid Battery Charger Smart Multi Battery Intelligent Charging Hub with Ground Connection and LIPO Bag: Toys & Games

Considering your Evo batteries will self discharge to 70% (safe storage level) in set up time (maximum 6 days), it is very annoying to charge all your batteries almost every time you go out to fly.

At first I was surprised to have only 15 minutes flight time on "fully charged" battery.... the same with my second battery and third... When I came back I investigated the issue and found out about battery storage feature...

So multi battery charge is a must have thing. You plug it in and in an hour and a bit you have all your batteries (or at least 3 of them fully charged and your controller and your tablet or cell...)

Last edited:
Absolutely, here is the link:

Amazon.com: Fstop Labs Accessories for DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Alpine 5 in 1 Rapid Battery Charger Smart Multi Battery Intelligent Charging Hub with Ground Connection and LIPO Bag: Toys & Games

Considering your Evo batteries will self discharge to 70% (safe storage level) in set up time (maximum 6 days), it is very annoying to charge all your batteries almost every time you go out to fly.

Thank you for the link above... I will look into getting one soon (fingers crossed)... Honestly, smart storage feature is a plus but yes it is rather annoying... :) Not complaining but just need to find a better way to charge all of my batteries instead of one at a time...

Regarding your comment about the 6 days maximum: I know from the factory, the setting is set at 6 days and can be set to 10 days for the battery depletion/protection... Do you know for certain I should leave it at 6 days and never changing it?

Thank you for the link above... I will look into getting one soon (fingers crossed)... Honestly, smart storage feature is a plus but yes it is rather annoying... :) Not complaining but just need to find a better way to charge all of my batteries instead of one at a time...

Regarding your comment about the 6 days maximum: I know from the factory, the setting is set at 6 days and can be set to 10 days for the battery depletion/protection... Do you know for certain I should leave it at 6 days and never changing it?
I am not sure if it make any difference in battery life if you change 6 days to 10 days. I think it all depends how often you are going to use it. If you go flying every weekend, 6 days will really get you angry...

I feel like I'm late to the party. I was reluctant to do this mod, but I bought this charger specifically for my new Spark. It came with three 8 pin Mavic charging plugs. I don't have a Mavic, but do got an EVO. Works like a charm. Please excuse the messy work bench.

20190418_182843.jpg

Did you take the exam yet Normex?
Agustine, you have a point on the multi-charger post but I read so many replays that I got lost in the process. Which on should I buy from Amazon making sure has 10 pins...this one?
Powerextra Mavic Pro & Platinum & Alpine White 176W 5 in 1 Rapid Intelligent Multi Battery Charger Hub (Charge 3 Batteries & 2 USB Ports) + Mavic Pro Battery

Thank you???

So, if this is true that the batteries contain the 'smarts', and all they need is power to them, (and I'm not doubting this), then why is Autel dragging their feet in putting out a multi-charger? It seems like there would be no engineering involved, other than providing 3 charging ports connected to the power source instead of 1.

And I also never understood the DJI multi-charger where it charged the batteries one at a time. If I plug two DJI chargers into the same outlet, they're going to charge two batteries simultaneously. Why not just incorporate that setup into one unit?

Does anyone know if the new upcoming Autel Multi Charger will charge all the batteries simultaneously? If not, then what's the point?
I read somewhere that the Autel multicharger will charge 2 batteries simultaneously, but you may want to check with Autel.

Whether it charges simultaneously or one at a time, in my book it doesn't matter because I plug mine in the multi charger and approx. 45 minutes to an hour later everything is charged.
The whole point is not to have to fiddle with setting one battery at a time so it works great for me charging my 3 batteries.

Last edited:
As always when using chargers of any kind with Lipo batteries never leave them alone and check on them as fires do happen. Not often but when they do they are bad enough to burn down your homes. 4 batteries sitting next to each other and one catches fire things might go very wrong very fast.

Reactions: Normex
That's the charger I sent back. While it may have worked, I chose to opt for one with 10 pins. I never even plugged it in to my Evo batteries, and sent it back. My new one has 10 pins and worked like a charm. It does charge the controller kind of slow, but it charged 3 batteries in an hour. I flew those batteries and had ZERO issues. I got the RCGEEKS charger...Same price I believe.
What charger exactly you talking about, please leave a link in the Reply. Want to make sure i'm getting the Exact one where you can charge 3 or 4 Evo batteries and Transmitter . Also does it come with the 10 pin plugs? or would I have to buy them separate ? Thanks in advance. ciaO

What charger exactly you talking about, please leave a link in the Reply. Want to make sure i'm getting the Exact one where you can charge 3 or 4 Evo batteries and Transmitter . Also does it come with the 10 pin plugs? or would I have to buy them separate ? Thanks in advance. ciaO

The exact model is linked it the description of the video

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t