Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

DIY aftermarket chargers for the EVO

Agustine

Staff member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: Using anything aftermarket can void your warranty. You are the only one who can decide if this is right for you.

Many people are using the Mavic Pro multi chargers to charge their EVO batteries. There are different brands out there but most do the same thing so shop around for the best price. They seem to run around $36 bucks US funds. One popular one is the Powerextra Mavic Pro 5 in 1 Intelligent Multi Battery Charger Hub that can be found on Amazon.

In order to use these chargers for the EVO you will need to trim the plugs with a razor or x-acto knife as pictured in the photo below.

20180725_202422.jpg

381-f6fcbeb741a388b80f847ba300af4dda-edit.jpg

20180725_202325.jpg

52353289_1043277119152572_5951777950071259136_n.jpg

WayneH

Reaction score
EXCELLENT post! Now those just entering the "dronery" can be directed thisaway. Thankee, sir...

Typhoon Charlie

Reaction score
I have been using one for over 7 months with no issues. Nothing intelligent about them, since the circuitry in the battery is what determines the charge rate and time. Don't understand why Autel did not do one of these a long time ago. For those who wonder, it makes no difference how you plug it to the battery. It also chargers 3 batteries at the same time and the controller plus your phone or tablet. Is this perfect or what?

OregonDrones

Reaction score
If you are interested in a second approved charger, Crutchfield has them for $45 and free shipping. Not a bad deal. Ordered my this morning and they already shipped it two day air. So far so good!!

Autelguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new upcoming Autel Multi Charger will charge all the batteries simultaneously? If not, then what's the point?

Ansia

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new upcoming Autel Multi Charger will charge all the batteries simultaneously? If not, then what's the point?
It doesn't. The point is for you not to have to change the battery once the charger is done with one.

Autelguy

Reaction score
It doesn't. The point is for you not to have to change the battery once the charger is done with one.
Awe really? That's dumb. I have the same multicharger listed in this post that I use to charge all 3 of my Xiaomi 4k Drone batteries simultaneously. Why can't Autel just partner or release their own is a bummer. The multicharger in this post is looking better and better each day. Has anyone reached out to the makers of this 3rd party multicharger and ask them to create one with plugs that fit the Evo batteries so we don't have to bastardize the plastic ends?

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcspill